 Administrative / General / 12036
Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:21:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:

Mark, I wish you (and others) wouldn't go deleting quotes included for context.
I've re-inserted the sentence you removed above, with I assumed to mean you
wanted to see posts in .lego and .color, which is the context in which I posted
my reply. I apologise if that is not what you meant. Did you mean you wanted to
see more posts from those groups in the top stories lists?

My entrie (first) post was about weighting and spotlighting. Nothing in the post
was outside of that context, so there was no need to assume there was any more,
or different, meaning to it.

And no, I did not mean I wanted to see more of any posts - just want to see what
people TRULY want to see on the spotlight list with 100% even ground (going for
Lego posts, not OT, since this is a Lego site). Also, that I wanted to see posts
from those two groups up there - and if they had to do an uphill battle chances
are we would not even if it did get a few spotlight votes (but we would see a
post that got ZERO spotlight votes).

And I do seriously question the line of thinking of the Lugnet Admins when Larry
says basically people want to see a post spotlighted, even if it got 0 votes
over a post that got a few spotlight votes. Really now guys - what do you think
people would want to see more? Something they did spotlight, or somehtng they
did not spotlight? Seems simple to me ;)

Maybe the
.lego and .color weightings are unnecessarily negative, I'm not sure. Neither
are the admins probably. I tend to think in the case of .lego and .color it was
based on current events, and may well be adjusted in the future.

Maybe? And yes, I am sure it was based on how these topis are thought upon by
the Lugnet admins (going by past posts by those who are in power). I was telling
one of the Admins last night that it is a shame that some of the Lugnet admins
let their personal feelings dictate policy for the entire community.