 Announcements / 2806
2805  |  2807
Subject:
Updated, enhanced LDraw shortcut images in FTX (Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:26:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Can you see them now? Good.

Thanks to Dan Boger for setting up a feed between the Peeron and LUGNET servers, allowing the live LDraw parts images to be shared by both sites. So now the LDrawPart tag can not display all the current LDraw parts, it can display more of the newer colors such as Dark Green (288) and Dark Blue (270).

Here’s a quick color chart: LDrawPart Color Page; I’ll work up a permanent color reference RSN.

Unfortunately, the new images are rendered slightly differently than the old images, so the parts displayed in Partsref are somewhat distorted. I will work on getting the Partsref pages updated, but it will take a few days.

Steve

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   why does this (the shortcut for a skeleton) work:

<<LDrawPart(6260c01:15)>>

but this(the shortcut for the train wheel holder, wheels and axle completel assembly) doesn’t:

<<LDrawPart(2878c01:0)>>

nor does this (the shortcut for 2 wheels and an axle, used in the above):

<<LDrawPart(2879c01:0)>>

Is it some sort of unreasonable prejudice against .train people(1)? Or is it merely the much less sinister explanation that the images need regeneration, as these subassemblies are relatively recent? Or something else? Does it matter that one of the shortcuts is nested 2 deep?

(note to readers in the future, if you see all 3 images, it was fixed, whatever it is... right now I see broken image links for the latter 2)

1 - the auto weights for spotlighting were recently adjusted by Todd... he boosted announce and announce.moc further, anything posted to announce.moc now gets a boost of +500, equivalent to if 5 people decided to spotlight it... he also suggested that .space get +1000 and .trains get -1000... clearly the suggestion of an insane madman as the right weighting would be just the opposite, sigh... but I digress.