 Administrative / General / 12011
Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:17:37 GMT

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 06:19:58PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
why does this (the shortcut for a skeleton) work:

<<LDrawPart(6260c01:15)>>

|| <<LDrawPart(6260c01:15)>>

but this(the shortcut for the train wheel holder, wheels and axle completel
assembly) doesn't:

<<LDrawPart(2878c01:0)>>

|| <<LDrawPart(2878c01:0)>>

nor does this (the shortcut for 2 wheels and an axle, used in the above):

<<LDrawPart(2879c01:0)>>

|| <<LDrawPart(2879c01:0)>>

I believe (as ROSCO mentinoed) that these FTX shortcuts use the Partsref
pictures, which have not been updated at least for a 2-3 years, and
afaik, there is currently no plan to continue updateing them.

1 - the auto weights for spotlighting were recently adjusted by
Todd... he boosted announce and announce.moc further, anything posted
to announce.moc now gets a boost of +500, equivalent to if 5 people
decided to spotlight it... he also suggested that .space get +1000 and
.trains get -1000... clearly the suggestion of an insane madman as the
right weighting would be just the opposite, sigh... but I digress.

Interesting.  Cool even!  That would mean the top stories is more likely
to have actually interesting stuff, instead of the latest in whatever
monster thread is currently running. Does all of announce get a +5 as
well? Or is it just .announce.moc? Were the other weights changed? The
only others I know of is a -1 to all .off-topic stuff...

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com