 Administrative / General / 12007
Re: New Newsgroup Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:54:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dick Swan wrote:
I'd like to create a new robotics newsgroup for the new RCX replacement
firmware. if you agree, can you make this happen please?

I've sent a note to the rest of the transition team for their awareness.
Speaking personally, it seems a reasonable request.

lugnet.robotics.firmware?
lugnet.robotics.rcx.firmware?

The former is more general in case other firmwares are written. The latter MIGHT
be easier to find, dunno

Right now, I've been posting on lugnet.robotics but I've had some
feedback about the messages being too long. Apparently not everyone in
the robotics newsgroup is interested.

That's what "next message" is for but ya, it's often a sign that a subgroup is
needed.

In case you're not aware, I've written backwards compatible replacement
firmware for the RCX. It's now generally available for download.

You have both a free and a commercial version, right? Would you support/discuss
both versions there or ?

Both
the Robolab and NQC developers are aggressively enhancing their
development environments to provide support for the expanded features.