 Administrative / General / 10644
Re: a few new things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:49:57 GMT

Ahh!  I am an annoying one I know.  :)  I am glad you are back Suz because I
love sharing my 2 cents.  Anyway, was the new frontpage design scrapped or
still in dev?  Just curious.  I do webs sites and wouldn't mind helping if
you want.  Of course, this is xhtml/html4 and js1.5 limited, but at least I
have offered.

Jeremy

The new homepage is in progress.. Only its basic layout is decided. Choice of
exact text, pretty pictures and links are yet to be hammered out. you're
looking at placeholders..
http://www.baseplate.com/lugnet/work/screen-1.jpg
currently I'm wondering:
do people really need a button to click when they initiate a search? or is
everyone like me and just hit Return? how many cool tools can I launch from the
homepage? should I really use CSS? how small can I make that type.. how often
can I realisticly update pretty content about the community? where can I stick
a 'latest posts' box, like we used to have? should I mention that we now have
members of 100 flags? (all 50 states, DC, and about 49? countries)... blah,
blah, blah...