 Administrative / General / 10455
Re: a few new things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 00:04:45 GMT

The redesign looks good.

For logged in users, how about links to that user's My Collection and
Lugnet Homepage?

I like to use http://www.lugnet.com as my "portal page" to the rest of
Lugnet, but right now the quickest way from there to my My Collection
page, which I use all the time, is to type in the number of a set I know
I have, and then click on the MyCollection link from the Guide page that
comes up.

I'd also like to see a "quick menu" near the top of the page: 2-3 lines
of one word links to the main sections of the site, kind of like Yahoo
has. There's a little one liner like this on the current Lugnet home
page, but expanding it would ease navigation considerably without
relying on annoying Javascript menus and such.

I would not want to see the "Top Stories" section disappear. This is
critical!

-Steve Barber

LUGNET Admin wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
The new homepage is in progress.. Only its basic layout is decided. Choice
exact text, pretty pictures and links are yet to be hammered out. you're
looking at placeholders..
http://www.baseplate.com/lugnet/work/screen-1.jpg

Looks very nice!

A few comments: [snip]

Doh! Sorry for this confusion.. you're seeing my web browser in a screenshot.
I'll crop the picture down right now, so it's just the homepage.

-Suz

Okay, this is a little more appropriate:
http://www.baseplate.com/lugnet/work/homepage-1a.jpg

Great comments from everyone so far!
-Suz