 Administrative / General / 10429
Re: a few new things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 01:27:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
The new homepage is in progress.. Only its basic layout is decided. Choice of
exact text, pretty pictures and links are yet to be hammered out. you're
looking at placeholders..
http://www.baseplate.com/lugnet/work/screen-1.jpg
currently I'm wondering:
do people really need a button to click when they initiate a search? or is
everyone like me and just hit Return? how many cool tools can I launch from the
homepage?

Great work!

About the search button question - I think that it would be a good idea to
have a button, some people might feel lost without one. It's better to have
an extra way to do something than to not have enough. A small suggestion:
have a small, red 'stud' that has the first two letters missing. IE: it says
just "  GO" on it.

--
  David Schilling