 Administrative / General / 10440
Re: a few new things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 06:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Allan Bedford writes:
The design is almost too snazy.  The clean lines, the co-ordinated colors.
All very high class.  But in the end gives the appearance of a company out
to sell something.

How can someone take such a statement the wrong way?  As far as I can tell,
you are advocating BAD DESIGN as something that will somehow benefit new
users -- in which case, I have to strongly disagree.  Good design choices
are to everyone's benefit.

Throwing up a webpage in an amateurish, "took me five minutes," manner is
perhaps excusable for showing off a new MOC -- but not for something like
Lugnet.  Heck, even some MOC pages are getting pretty slick at this point --
usually, I can't be bothered to do more myself but that's far different from
objecting to the practice of creating well designed websites.  If Suz is
willing to do it, we should congratulate her for getting it right, not try
to convince her to tone down her skills for some unknown good design hating
users that may be out there.

I dunno, maybe your point is not getting through to me -- otherwise, I stand
behind my defense of good design.

-- Hop-Frog