 Administrative / General / 10446
Re: a few new things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Well, I don't want to come off as overly combative on this issue but I think
Suz's design was fine and absolutely heading in the right direction.

I think it was a fine design.  I was simply offering an opinion from a
different point of view.  I took from her original post that she was showing
the mock-up in case anyone wanted to offer an opinion.  I'm not sure she was
actively soliciting opinions but she at least opened the door for them.  And
that's all my comments were..... opinions.  I wasn't trying to convince
anyone of their validity; only to share them if anyone cared to listen.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly?) that since the screenshot was there that
comments were allowed.  I figured if she didn't want any feedback, then she
wouldn't have posted the design at all.

Keep
in mind that the screen shot she posted first was a screen shot of her whole
screen (the browser, tabs, an extra frame to the left, etc.) -- point being
that it included stuff that was not just the page layout as intended.

I saw that as part of the thread.  My comments were related only to the
material intended to be part of the actual page.

Again, I want to stress...... I wasn't trying to knock her design, her hard
work, her desire for change... none of it.  I was simply saying (to Suzanne)
that, "hey, if you ask me, it looks a little corporate."  She is perfectly
entitled to say (or think) "hey, Allan's full of it, the design is exactly
what I want LUGNET to look like."  I would respect her feelings as much as I
would hope that she would respect mine.  I wasn't demanding a boycott of
LUGNET if this design gets implemented, I was just sharing an opinion.

Hope that clears things up.

All the best,
Allan B.