 Administrative / Curators / 325
Re: A Change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:47:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Frank Filz writes:
Orion Pobursky wrote:
Of course there are some nice advantages of the web interface (at least
over the NNTP clients I have used):

- can easily bookmark posts
- the little dots tree (so long as the number of posts fit) that follows
the tree no matter what groups it wanders into (which can also be a
negative thing)
- quickly scan a bunch of posts
- as mentioned before, members need not authenticate posts

I also like the fact that the parent group lists all the messages to it's
child groups.  My newsgroup program doesn't do that.

-Orion