 Administrative / Suggestions / 624
Re: A Change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 05:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, John P. Henderson writes:

At the risk of sounding elitist, I point out that the "citizens" of Lugnet
are arguably the paying members.  As a member who posts exclusively via the
web interface, I have no knowledge of the difficult verifications I keep
hearing about.  Few of us would hesitate to drop $10 on a night at the
movies (or whatever), so I think the $10 to be a member here is very
reasonable.  Is this problem indeed something members encounter?

You forget those who still use dial-up to read/write to Lugnet.

They prefer to use the news reader so they can dial-up, download all new news,
disconnect, read and answer, dial-up, send new items.

And I think it's something more people should think about: There are still
folks who needs to pay the phonebill to download your messages.

(and here's my manual .sig that I have stored in an open Notepad window for
easy cut&paste)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu