 Administrative / Suggestions / 628
Re: A Change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 15:31:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Eaton writes:
Yeah, but that's just sick, mean, and cruel -- and abashedly poor interface
design (kicks self).  It was never the plan to make web posting difficult for
anyone -- it just sort of evolved in the wrong direction.  Fixing is needed
indeed!

Huh-- I had actually thought that posting setup was that way by design. I
recall way back when Auczilla was around, someone saying that it was
specifically designed to be tricky to sign up for. Hence, only people who
were "truly serious" about it would have the perseverance to actually get on
the Auczilla list. And I was under the impression that Lugnet was the same
way-- it's not immediately obvious how to sign up, meaning that only "real
fans" will sign up and post.

So I kinda figured posting authentication might've been a similar situation.
IE not only did it further encourage not-so-serious people (or
not-so-serious posts) to have as much presence on Lugnet, but also at the
same time encourage membership. Are there actually plans in the works to
make the posting setup/authentication work differently?

DaveE