 Administrative / Suggestions / 606
Re: A Change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:13:11 GMT

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message
Time for me to play devil's advocate...

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Richard Noeckel writes:
Thus, as citizen we must demand greater freedoms.

At the risk of sounding elitist, I point out that the "citizens" of Lugnet
are arguably the paying members.  As a member who posts exclusively via • the
web interface, I have no knowledge of the difficult verifications I keep
hearing about.  Few of us would hesitate to drop $10 on a night at the
movies (or whatever), so I think the $10 to be a member here is very
reasonable.  Is this problem indeed something members encounter?

I am a member and still have to verify my post.
It is not dificult to do that, so i dont think it is a big problem.
But It would be nice if we could have a system where non-paying members or
non-members have to ferify their post, and those who have paid can skip this
verifying.
Only problem I see with the verifying post is that the answer to a post can
be delayed some hours, since I not always remember to verify my post the
minute after I have posted them....

If the verification problem is something that even members get when not
using the interface that I do, then I argue that maybe the web interface • is
your solution if you really don't like the system, and who among us • doesn't
have a web browser available half the time anyway?

I am not using the web-interface. Why? Well I have got used to do this
trough the news reader in Microsoft Outlook Express (I know that this is not
a good news reader/editor but I do not need more fancy stuff).

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=1983