  *566675 (-100)
  Re: NQC for Linux/ASUS eeePC

(...) Hi Jetro, No, the eeePC runs Linux, with a custom-designed interface over top by ASUS. So, I was wondering if NQC is available for Linux. -Iain (16 years ago, 26-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Development status

(...) Hi Stephen, 2*Michael and others, I've (finally) started playing around with brickOS again. My RCX and almost all of my Lego is in storage a long long way from here, but that may actually be a good thing in this context. I've applied Jochen's (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) I too am looking for Mesh Enhancer. Alternatively, is similar functionality available in any generic POV-Ray utilities? I infer the original Mesh Enhancer is a Windows program. Thanks, Jim (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  R24 - Tic Tac Toe

Right on the heals of r23 - the can game; and using the new rules of "kinder gentler rtl" I would like to tell everyone about the next game. As mentioned in the closing moments of the last game, The next rtl game will be tic tac toe. Thats right, (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  r23 rtlToronto - The Can Game

What an amazing day. Many things good happened. I want to take a moment to thank the love of my life for driving down, to be here. On Friday at 8pm. I did not have any kind of bot at all. Thanks to Janey and her encouragement, and being a great (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NQC for Linux/ASUS eeePC

(...) Is it Windows based? If so, have you tried installing BricxCC? Jetro (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Town car

(...) Just crossed my mind... and sun roof could be used to add even more playability. Unfortutately I do not have such. WBR Sonnich (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.town)

  NQC for Linux/ASUS eeePC

Hi all, I have an ASUS eeePC, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get NQC onto it so I could program my RCX with it? Thanks! -Iain (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Town car

(...) Hello I tried it, and you can see it in the original folder. The design reminds me of American cars (?), though some Volvos have looked a bit like that too. Pictures too: (2 URLs) WBR & thanks Sonnich (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: rtl23: What a great day!

(...) event online? Ralph (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl23: What a great day!

(...) Was good to see everyone again...here's a few photos I took. (URL) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés samedi 24 janvier 2009

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Véhicules Chantier City 2009 7630 & 7631 ** par (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  BrickFest 2009 in Portland, Oregon again!

Yes, the rumors are true! <link=(URL) BrickFest> is once again comming to Portland, Oregon, USA this March 27th through 29th! Once again we will be meeting at the beautiful (URL) Oregon Convention Center> and staying at the <=(URL) Red Lion Hotel> (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: NELUG to display at the Wenham Museum in MA

(...) There are some photos of the display on our website. (URL) Wenham Museum Display> -Elroy (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: rtl23: What a great day!

(...) Love the 'bots!! looks like a fantastic day! and good to see Calum there as well! Who won? :) Any vids? Dave K (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  McDonald's HappyMeal(R) 1984 Instruction

Hello All, I've been organizing my collection and came across some instructions that I can't find on Peeron or here on Lugnet. It is in good condition and I'd like it to get to someone who collects instructions and who would scan it for the (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  rtl23: What a great day!

Thanks to everyone who turned out today - what an awesome day! Pretty low key, but relaxed, laid back, and just plain fun. You should be able to view my photos by clicking this link: (URL) forward to the next one! -Iain (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOCs of many Fullerenes!

I think that your building technique is not the best choice for the dodecahedron. The bends along the edges draw the eye away from the vertices. This makes it hard to visualize the faces. But for the larger fullerenes, your building technique is (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: 2009/2010 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks guys, I accept the nomination. Chris (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LD4DStudio 1.0b release

(...) Great Roland. Keep on doing. I am waiting for the possibility to export my creations, so I can show it also to others that do not have LD4DStudio installed. So please do not wait too long with version 1.1, as I have seen that picture export is (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LD4DStudio 1.0b release

Hello all, I've put the second bugfix only update of LD4DStudio 1.0 online (I forgot to post the first one here, sorry). Again many bugs fixed, most are minor but a couple could hamper people trying to make serious animations. You'll find the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  NXT compatible Infrared/ultrasonic beacon system

I updated the page with a new program based on the LabVIEW toolkit for NXT. Please consult: (URL) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Mike Gasperi's book "LabVIEW for LEGO Mindstorms NXT"

Mike has been busy one more time! He proves once again his ability in cutting complex contents into didactically digest slices that fascinate the reader and lead him to continue going further and digging deeper. The book is an excellent tutorial (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Oil Tanker

I think he wants the one with the chrome decal applied...in that case it would be these Bottom: (URL) Top: (URL) Ray -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Clifton D. Chambers Sent: (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Oil Tanker

(...) Jerry Is this the part you are looking for? (2 URLs) Clifton (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) From what I remember from dinner... Chris Wayne Iian Myself Possibally some others.... we will see... Here are directions (and rules) if anyone needs them.... (URL) VW (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NELUG to display at the Wenham Museum in MA

Any photos of this event yet? (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: January 31st, 2009 SMART meeting

Unfortunately, there has not been a large response with people committing to participate in the BrickHeap Wars competition for next Saturday's SMART meeting. So instead, we'll do a simpler variation of the competition idea as a mini-challenge. The (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Fixing the liftarms

(...) We are aware of this and do have a plan to rectify it. Steve and I went through this a while ago, with a view to distinguishing between beams and lift-arms and consistently naming the beams. I recall our thinking was that "liftarm" would (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

(...) I second the idea of flipping through Spencer's gallery. When I decided to make a 6-wide red vintage convertible, I went straight to his stuff just to see if there were any ideas I could glean from them. After all, I didn't want my car to look (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is there room for a LEGO Color Website?

(...) Although it looks like that group's charter is quite narrow compared to Aaron's plans: "The object of this group is to get a picture of every single color that Lego has ever made." We can see what (URL) users> think of this idea since the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) Can we get a roll-call of who's coming/bringing hardware? -Iain (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The new web home of my MOCs

Hi Nathan! Congrats to your new home! Hereby I present you salt and bread! As for comments: It does look good. I would resize the guiding graphics a bit, though. So visitors won't have to scroll down in order to see the complete pictures of your (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Oil Tanker

(...) add a lot of detail, and a bit better finish. personally, i love this part, though don't know what it is, and hence am unable to find more. (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:KDxALE.1rs@lugnet.com... (...) Pierre Normandin: (URL) said. (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

(...) These are some of the best 6wide cars and trucks I know of: (URL) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Can game - can you handle carpeting?

(...) First off - Iian, Absoutly amazing, Talk about thinking outside of the box (or can :) ) Secondly: If anyone has a scale to measure the weight of the cans, can you please bring it, Also additional cans would be great as well... See you (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Taj Mahal

Just an update. (Sorry for the large photo) :<( (URL) Taj: The Movie.... I've spent the past three weeks in Australia working on the movie "Taj", an Australian film whose central prop is a Lego model of the Taj Mahal. The original model, that I (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: BrikWars windows game - free download

I'm continuing to develop the game - latest release is 1.2.2.0 with a bunch of improvements in the graphics, and support for adding your own models for vehicles and the like. Hope you enjoy the game - feel free to email me with any (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How many boxes of 9v Track in a Case?

(...) Mike, I have to apologize for the delay in responding to your post. I actually found out the answer from LEGO 24 hours ago, but sometimes the best plans just go awry. The 9v train straight track was shipped in a K-8 box that contained 48 of (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Från SweBrick: Legoambasadör Micke aka CopMike i Christer i P3

Jag körde bil mellan Gbg och Stockholm när jag hörde Christer efterlysa olika hobbies. Jag ville dock vänta lite för att höra vad som kom upp, och när killen med bandtraktorerna kört sitt fanns det inget att tveka på! Min tanke var att kunna komma (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.se)

  building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

Our train club has decided to use 6-wide cars (instead of the usual 4-wide) for our next layout and I am looking for ideas or inspiration on how I can build them. More specifically I am looking to build a small hatchback in 6-wide and want ideas. (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  MOCs of many Fullerenes!

(2 URLs) Dodecahedron C20> (2 URLs) Truncated icosahedron or Buckeyball C60> (2 URLs) Buckyball C70 Fullerene> (2 URLs) Truncated rhombic triacontahedron or C80> (2 URLs) Buckyball C80 D5d Fullerene> (2 URLs) Carbon Nanotube> enjoy kurt (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  Re: Is there room for a LEGO Color Website?

(...) There's sort of a LEGO Color group already on Flickr: (URL) "All the colors of the (Lego) Rainbow" --Mike. (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Is there room for a LEGO Color Website?

(...) While color is important to many AFOLs, I don't believe that a website dedicated to only the topic of color would work too well due to its possible small niche of members. So my suggestion would be to start a Flickr group and put your time and (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: MINDSTORMS SDK2.5

(...) Philo, Thanks for providing a source for these tools! I will also soon have these tools available to download from my BricxCC page. (URL) Hansen (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Is there room for a LEGO Color Website?

Do you think that there is sufficient interest/value in a LEGO Colour website? I have a lot of ideas about forum structure, contests, posting rules, topics of conversation, and hopefully some useful resources for LEGO builders of all themes. (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.color)

  Re: LETGUI new version 1.1.0.0

(...) It is Version 1.2.0.0 of LETGUI package. Sorry. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LETGUI new version 1.2.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains now the updated version of Rectifier (Version 1.2). There are no other changes. You can download the updated package from (URL) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LETGUI new version 1.1.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains now the updated version of Rectifier (Version 1.2). There are no other changes. You can download the updated package from (URL) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés mercredi 21 janvier 2009

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** CR de la réunion du CA du 5 janvier 2009 ** par (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: Buon inizio 2009!

Ciao Step... a parte che ci siamo già conosciuti in quel di Ballabio... cmq mi riferivo, scherzando, alla tua sezione di "SuedtirolLUG", tutto qui. A presto GAetano "SteP" <stprosse@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:KDKI1G.9JK@lugnet.com... (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.it)

  Re: Custom Parts printed via 3d printer

(...) The parts fit as good as the design is. The material used is white strong & flexible. More informations can be found on the shapeways page ... I also was involved in the last version of LDView (export STL was first implemented by me). And (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Shop @Home Phone Specials for Wednesday, January 21, 2009 to Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Item #4862 Duplo Castle Ambush Retail Price $16.99 Sale Price $7.98 Item #8491 Racer Ram Rod Retail Price $9.99 Sale Price $3.98 Item #8948 Bionicle Gavla Retail Price $6.99 Sale Price $4.98 Item #4859 Duplo Garbage Truck Retail Price $12.99 Sale (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  MINDSTORMS SDK2.5

(URL) The LEGO Company does no longer offer technical support to advanced users on the historical MINDSTORMS range, specifically those using the SDK 2.5 (RCX™ and Scout™), and Spybotics™ range. Related tools and documentation were removed from (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Rectifier

(...) Rectifier has been updated: it now cares to BFC orientation when replacing quads with rect primitives. If no BFC orientation is specified in the input file, CCW is assumed. It also tries to keep simple coefficients in rect primitive (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO(R) Group Sales boom in 2008

Another factor in the sales growth might be parents (and others) choosing to buy LEGO instead of more expensive toys like game consoles. (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  LEGO(R) Group Sales boom in 2008

LEGO(R) sales boom in 2008 Toy manufacturer LEGO expects to post double-digit sales growth for last year, despite lower consumer spending. While many Danish companies are tightening their belts and laying off staff in the face of the global credit (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Bricksmith 2.1: A Step Up

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.1> adds the following features: Step rotations (MLCad ROTSTEPs) Streamlined Step Display UI Moved file outline to the main window Improved line appearance Toolbar buttons for Part Browser, Inspector, and Colors It also fixes (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX) !

  Re: Custom Parts printed via 3d printer

(...) Nice parts. I am intrigued by the Shapeways 3D printing service, for LEGO parts and in general. How does the material and fit compare to typical LEGO elements? Anyway, I would be interested to hear more about your experience working with 3D (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: arezey's LDraw page up

(...) Nice site! I am a fan of Tcl/Tk as well. I am glad to see interest in part authoring. Jim (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Classic Space builds

(...) Thanks! It's inspiring but a little overwhelming when I look at the builds you and others make--I'm so '70's Dave K (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic Space builds

Albino Explorer! Ha., brilliant! I thought I saw the term "Whitetron" recently, lol, maybe it fits too. Keep building your classic space layout! Eric Sophie (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCpages! I have MOCpages!

(...) Many thanks! I like the format on MOCpages. I also want to make it easier to communicate with others. I am a builder first and foremost, connecting with other builders (lol, pun?) makes the experience all the more rewarding. Can we find your (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Från SweBrick: Legoambasadör Micke aka CopMike i Christer i P3

Jag citerar en post på SweBrick: (2 URLs) börjar vid 36 minuter o 45 sekunder in i första delen avprogrammet. Håller på i 5 minuter =)"Väl värt att lyssna på, om inte annat så bara för att få höra Mickes röst:-)--Anders Isaksson, SwedenBlockCAD: (2 (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Nytt svenskt LEGO-forum - SweBrick

Ifall ni inte har sett det någon annanstans, så finns det nu ett nytt LEGO-forum på svenska - SweBrick (www.swebrick.se). Vi får väl önska lycka till, och springa över dit och pladdra lite, det kan i alla fall inte vara dödare än här på lugnet :-( (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: ADMINS HELP ME, I've had this problems for years now

(...) I may be misunderstanding the problem, but I think you simply need to set up the new address for posting messages (at (URL) as well as in your LUGNET profile. Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: ADMINS HELP ME, I've had this problems for years now

(...) Me too! (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: ADMINS HELP ME, I've had this problems for years now

I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution now? Thanks and God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: MOCpages! I have MOCpages!

Great to see them all in one place. An impressive collection of unique works! Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New setup tutorial for LDraw and MLCad

(...) Uuups! These are inserted by the OS and do not depend on the language file. Thx for pointing out. w. (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New setup tutorial for LDraw and MLCad

(...) The OK, Apply, Help, and Cancel are in a langauge other than English: (URL) big deal at all. Everything really does look great. Excellent work on these icons too: (URL) again, Scott (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  MOCpages! I have MOCpages!

(URL) Bricks on MOCpages.com>> MOCpages! I have MOCpages! (URL) I added my favorite creations to MOCpages.com, thank you Sean Kenney! I hope to add my (URL) Exhibits> at some point too. Enjoy, take a look. Eric Sophie Legomaster Biomechanical Bricks (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  CADding Space stuff

I was trying to (re)learn the CADding stuff a little better and came up with this quick scene-- (URL) (click on pic to really embiggen!) The longest bit was creating the actual models in mlcad I'm sure there's CAD files for mostly all sets (saw a (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Classic Space builds

here's the monorail-- (URL) :) It works around corners and up and down the monorail ramps The fun bit is if you knock the end car a bit, the rest just fall or the rail... Dave K (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Classic Space builds

Just trying to add some vehicles to the layout that Jeff vW and I are developing and trying to stay in line with the original '78-80 line (URL) Air tank resupplier As well, a fun build-- (URL) Albino Explorer It's probably been done before--I know I (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Fixing the liftarms

(...) Excellent Willy. That's awesome. I still hate the names but at least they're consistent. Tim (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: January 31st, 2009 SMART meeting

(...) I have received a number of "regrets" from people unable to make it to the BrickHeap Wars competition on January 31st (noon to 5pm), but so far only know for sure that one person will be coming, and a "maybe part of the time" from a second (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Buon inizio 2009!

(...) "mia sezione"? io sono uno qualsiasi..contatta pure Marco Chiappa, er capoccia! comunque, anche se fuori mano, ne vale la pena. Per me è il più bel LEGOfest dell'anno (eppure anche per me è distante...4 ore quando va bene). ciao SteP PS: (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.it)

  Custom Parts printed via 3d printer

High, here are some custom parts I did with a 3d printing office. (3 URLs) The parts itself can be found at: (URL) I've made some of them public available in the same form I get it from the producer. woody64 (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: LSynth to the rescue? (was Re: Hello, world!)

(...) If I have to do something like this I used the way Philo has explained here:(URL) On the part (URL) I have used this way to find the right curvature. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LSynth to the rescue? (was Re: Hello, world!)

(...) I'm trying to create the curves for the 61811, as highlighted into the peeron.com image as green and blue by my perfect drawing skills below. (URL) I think I'll try LSynth, but a simple, specialized tool would be great. (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  arezey's LDraw page up

I've set up the site for my LDraw things, currently it has my plusgen tool, some models and copies of parts in the PT. There will be more content as I make it! I'm looking for a permanent host for it, and am currently hosting it on my own computer, (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: A train challenge/contest

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: ::snip:: (...) Tim, I'm excited to hear about this contest. I'm a bit surprised no one else has replied to your thread already, but then business seems to be slow on LUGNET these days. In any case, I'll (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Fixing the liftarms

(...) When I standardized the headers of the certified parts at the PT back in August 2008 I tried to rename them as following: "1 x 1" are called Beams example: (URL) X 0.5" are called liftarm example: (URL) aware that only certified parts apply to (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  LSynth to the rescue? (was Re: Hello, world!)

(...) I think Azerey wants a tool to create edge lines that could be used for Pathtruder or similar. Up to now I have used inlined edge primitives, or strings of lines hand created with MLCad, but indeed a better tool would be great. I think LSynth (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.cad)

  LEGOLAND(R) California seek permission for a hotel.

LEGOLAND(R) California unveils plan for 250-room hotel. Jan. 19, 2009 CARLSBAD ---- The owners of the LEGOLAND(R) California amusement park will seek permission Wednesday from the city's Planning Commission to put a 250-room, Lego-themed hotel on (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Fixing the liftarms

Hi all (and especially Chris Dee), I find the inconsistency in the naming of liftarms in LDraw to be quite frustrating and was wondering whether or not it would be worth setting a standard name class and sticking to it. Here's a sample list: Technic (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  The Raven - 200th birthday of Edgar Allan Poe

Hi, today's the 200th birthday of Edgar Allan Poe. I love reading his morbid and dark poems and prosa. The most known is of course "The Raven", (URL) Doré> made beautiful pictures of the lines. So it's time to honor Poe with a MOC. Here we go: Open (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Power Miners Polybag

(...) Jo det är Fredrik som är skyldig...grabbarna var med och öppnade och de lekte med dem flera dagar...kul överraskning. Minstignen sov med ena istället för nalle första natten. Funderade på vad man skulle kunna använda armarna till men kul att (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: How many boxes of 9v Track in a Case?

(...) Mike- You could also consider weighing it and dividing by the weight of a single piece. -Ted (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mosaic Conversion Program

(...) It's a pity because it looked really interesting. I'm only just starting to look into mosaic building and application looks simple, straightforward and effective. Jetro (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Hello, world!

(...) Maybe you are looking for a tool that can follow an curvature and make quads and triangles for you? Then please have a look at the great tools that Philo have provided to us at: (URL) for your question I think about Pathtruder. I never have (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.people.newbie)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés dimanche 18 janvier 2009

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouvelles brèves ---...--- * Un an de FreeLUG Mag * - 18 janvier 2009 Voici une (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  How many boxes of 9v Track in a Case?

I need to estimate how much track NCLTC has on hand for an upcoming layout we're doing (first one in a while) and I'd rather not actually count it. Does anyone know how many boxes of 9v track came in a case? A million years ago NCLTC bought a case (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mosaic Conversion Program

@ Jetro and Luis: My mosaic conversion program only looks like a finished product, but it isn't. And that's why you can't find it online. It's not meant for you, it's meant for me: I intend to make more mosaics in the future. Maybe I should have (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Power Miners Polybag

(...) Najs! :) Jag tordes inte ta lös armarna från min. De sitter som berget. Det känns som att kroppen kommer att spricka innan armarna lossnar. :/ /Johan (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  A train challenge/contest

(URL) I started a little building challenge for trainheads (and those that might want to have a go) and (URL) Peter Norman> donated a prize so it became a contest. An interesting aspect of train building in LEGO is that it's one of the few areas (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: 8862, What's Wrong With This Picture?

Whoa! (...) Not so heroic, the part was not that tough. Actually the most difficult was to get dimensions right... Philo (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Parts author question was Re: Hello, world!

(...) Welcome, Santeri. Always good to see more CADders here. --snip-- (...) To define a curve you'd have to have at least three points in space and four is more common. I'm not aware of any similar tools but I x-posted to .cad in case I'm wrong. (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.cad)

Skipped 21 messages in group lugnet.admin.statistics (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact