Re: January 31st, 2009 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:35:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling wrote:
[...]
teams get together to build and program a robot for a challenge that is
announced at the beginning of the three hour time they're given. The team with
the best robot wins! Usually teams want to 'try again' after their first run, so
we give them an additional half hour to improve their robots, and grant their
wish.

So get together with a team and be prepared to not only be challenged, but have
some fun!

Teams should attempt to form ahead of time, and need to bring a laptop to
program, as well as the electronic components they wish to use. This includes an
NXT (or RCX), sensors, motors, wires and batteries. If you have HiTechnic or
Mindsensor sensors that you want to bring, these are allowed, but won't be
necessary to accomplish the task. The rest of the LEGO required for the task
will be provided at the meeting.

The meeting needs to start at 12 noon, sharp, to give everyone as much time to
build their robots. We'll be meeting in the Michelangelo room at DigiPen.

I have received a number of "regrets" from people unable to make it to the
BrickHeap Wars competition on January 31st (noon to 5pm), but so far only know
for sure that one person will be coming, and a "maybe part of the time" from a
second person.

If there aren't enough people for at least two teams, we won't be able to do the
competition. So if you are planning on coming, please let me know, either by
posting a reply, or emailing me (removing the spam bot first!) before noon on
Thursday January 22nd.

I have an alternate plan if not enough people can make it to the competition.
Thursday afternoon I'll post a general description of what the competition
challenge would have been, and we'll make it a mini-challenge instead.

--
  David Schilling