 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17869
17868  |  17870
Subject:
r23 rtlToronto - The Can Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:33:52 GMT

What an amazing day.

Many things good happened.  I want to take a moment to thank the love of my life
for driving down, to be here. On Friday at 8pm. I did not have any kind of bot
at all.  Thanks to Janey and her encouragement, and being a great building
buddy, I can say that by 3 am I have a working robot. It was a fun day, with a
lot of laughs.  Im very happy with the overtime - penalty kick decision that
netted me third place.  Wayne grabbed a very close second.

Ed was the first place winner, and Iain, who should have beat us all hands down,
and wiped the floor with our bots, came in 4th.

I know there is video, and more pics either up or soon to be coming. Sasha set
up a webcam, and recorded about 1 hour of footage of all my bot and its
greatness.

I would also like to take a second and say thank you to Jeff VW for the game.
Under the new rtl rules of "kinder, gentler rtl," Jeff who came up with the
original concept for the game, was encouraged to take charge. Jeff, came up with
the rules, posted about the game, rented the library, and ran the event.  Good
job Jeff, I think everyone in attendance had a great time.

Regards
Chris