 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6390
Re: Fixing the liftarms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 03:38:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all (and especially Chris Dee),

I find the inconsistency in the naming of liftarms in LDraw to be quite
frustrating and was wondering whether or not it would be worth setting a
standard name class and sticking to it.

Here's a sample list:

Technic beam 11
Technic beam 4x0.5
Technic liftarm 1x2 (even though it's also half thick)
Technic liftarm 1x3 straight

I'd be quite happy to go through the list and rename them to a standard format
if I knew that it would be useful. I'd prefer to have a good format first
though.

When I standardized the headers of the certified parts at the PT back in August
2008 I tried to rename them as following:

"1 x 1" are called Beams
example: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/32278.dat

"1 X 0.5" are called liftarm
example: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/32017.dat

Be aware that only certified parts apply to this scheme.

My 0.2 euro, w.

Excellent Willy. That's awesome.

I still hate the names but at least they're consistent.

Tim