  *564279 (-100)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) The image of an adult playing, designing or building with legos will always be what it is, regardless of how much it wants to be glorified as a design specialty. In and out of the professional environment. We did some desk accesories for Lego (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) It's easy. When somebody asks, "You still play with LEGO?" you say, "Yes." (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Bring your minifigs to work! I remember "Bring Your Minifig To Work Day - Dec. 13, 1996" If you search Google Groups, you'll see my posting with the above title. I brought in 45 minifigs that day. :-) Jeff (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  School Buses - both hovercraft and normal

My latest creation is two creations in one. I'm posting this to both town and space, but if you reply and only talk about one of them please trim the newsgroups accordingly. First I created a Lunar School Bus, which is a hovercar/rocket school bus (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

In lugnet.general, Dave Sterling wrote: SNIPPY (...) Then I ask them how much pain playing with Lego inflicts on wildlife and they don't have an answer.... ;-) (yeah, Lego isn't that good for the environment, I know) Tim (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best stuff to buy for FLL

(...) I'd probably recommend the "LEGO Mindstorms Education base set" (URL) than the retail NXT kit or buying things piece-by-piece. The education kit comes with a battery pack & charger and converter cables to hook up to the old 9V LEGO motors, (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I generally don't worry about it too much. Most people that I meet actually don't find it that odd. If anything, they find it a quirky but acceptable hobby. I actually get stranger reactions from people when I tell them that I paint miniatures (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment-- or, rather, the tone implies that everyone else at Lego was clueless until Jake showed them how it's done. But that's not really the case. I think it was more true that certain groups within the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO trains, Cupar, Scotland - 27th & 28th September

LEGO trains at Cupar Model Railway Show - The Corn Exchange, Cupar, Fife, Scotland. 27th & 28th September A LEGO train layout at this friendly local show where the children can operate the trains. Everyone is welcome to come along, bring a train, a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) TLC is still trying to come to grips with the fact that we _do_ still collect. You'd think it would be a no-brainer. I mean, here's a company that leaves bowls of bricks out on their conference tables that you are _encouraged_ to play with (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I don't generally mention payments that the club receives for shows because our members aren't actually _paid_ to participate. We try to reimburse stuff like parking and any applicable admission costs (though we always try to make sure we get (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think it may have a lot to do with your own feelings towards others. As I read your post, I'm not sure of the tonal inflection of the person saying "you still play with LEGO?"--is the inflection one of disgust, or one of excitement? That in (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  link GBC

Che carino questo modulo GBC stile DonkeyKong (URL) Baldi P.S. sempre che qualcuno sia ancora da questa parte... (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.it)

  Iscrizioni a Castello d'Argile (BO)

Ormai Castello d'Argile è alle porte, invito tutti coloro che hanno intenzione di partecipare a far pervenire l'iscrizione. Mi raccomando, partecipate numerosi! Per informazioni e iscrizioni: (URL) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  LDD factory order time

Has anyone recently (in the past few months) ordered their own, or someone else's custom designed set at LDD Factory? How long did it take to get your order? I made & orderd a custom set a couple years ago,but don't remember how long it took from (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  20 Gallon Bags of LEGO on Ebay

I'm rolling back my collection to make room for baby and raise some money to pay a speeding ticket. (URL) take a moment and help me out. I swear to build something cool. Honest! Plus, if you mention this post, I'll give you 10%. Not to mention on (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Hmm, perhaps it's the people I associate with or just something about my age but I don't usually seem to have this problem. Most times when the subject of my lego habits comes up the response is more in the "whoa sweet!" line, and maybe a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I usually just reply that I don’t "play" with LEGO - I design and build. If they can’t understand that... well, their problem... That being said, I think that TLC could do a bit more to get adults into LEGO. For example, take a look at their (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I have been asked these questions numerous times by co-workers...especially after we put an ad up on the bulletin board saying we wanted to buy used LEGO. Usually when they ask if we still play with LEGO, Stacy and I enthusiastically reply (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I usually answer something like, "Oh,yeah!" with a big grin on my face. While they are a little stunned I add something like, "I tried model railroading/shipbuilding but it was too limiting." That really seems to click a few light bulbs (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, I've been doing something for the last two year I'd like to share and I think it works because I'm sill doing it. OK, so some people have thoughts about us playing, building, being fans of, whatever of LEGO but I've found it's easy to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) First off, I'll offer you the suggestion that the answer isn't "no", it's "yes!" Not to get all psychological, but if you answer "no", but still claim some sort of personal association with Lego, their assumption may likely be that you're (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Next time, either say: "You still watch grown men chase a ball around a field?" or something similar. (...) That's a tall order. Outside of sports, are there any other hobbies that truly bridge the child/adult gap? When a brand has spent (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

I've had that same kind of question asked of me before. My response differs on the way that they ask it. For example, the question, "You still play with LEGOs? What are you a little kid or something?" would be retorted to with, "Well, if I made (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I actually have done a lot of thinking on this topic-why, I am not sure why--but I have. I am a talker as some of yall might know and am always bringing up my little sideline business of personalizing LEGO for mainly adult LEGO builders. It (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés samedi 13 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Construisons une Snotmobile 3/5 ** par Alban NANTY (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I just don't care what other people say. Much simpler than trying to change their minds. Tim (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general) !

  Improving the adult image of LEGO

The other day I got another "You still play with LEGO?". I replied with: "No, I design and build models made from LEGO." That didn't seem to help much. I'd like to start a list of ideas and suggestions on how we might improve how other adults view (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: New Feature at BrickBuildr

(...) Thank you for joining! :) Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the web-site better. (Just to let everyone know, I changed one of my database queries, so now the calendar renders A LOT faster!) --Mike. (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Primer on writing NXT-G blocks?

(...) Dave, While I don't know of anything like that, all the blocks on my page are unlocked, so you can check them out. (URL) that helps Steve (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Primer on writing NXT-G blocks?

Please pardon if this is a FAQ. I thought I would write some simple NXT-G blocks, but couldn't google up anything that looked like a HowTo on the topic. I've downloaded the SDK material, etc. What I'm really looking for is a simple "hello world" (...) (16 years ago, 13-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Feature at BrickBuildr

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) (...) Yours is a good job, thanks for doing it and for sharing with the community. I've just joined today ^^ julencin2000 (16 years ago, 13-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  New FastRad Tutorial

Hello all, Just recently I bought a web domain and started a small site. One of the first things on my list was a decent FastRad tutorial, because before I was limited to text-only with Brickshelf. I tried to make it as simple as possible, with (...) (16 years ago, 13-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Barnens Drömstad - event i Sverige i oktober

Tack Fredrik i Uppsala som uppmärksammade mig på den officella hemsidan från LEGO om bla. detta, <www.lego50.se>. Där står denna information: Stockholm Tekniska museet Museivägen 7 Stockholm Entrépris: Under 18 år: Gratis Voksne: 90 Kr. Öppettider: (...) (16 years ago, 13-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  New Feature at BrickBuildr

Just wanted to make a quick announcement about a new feature on (URL) BrickBuildr>, now you can view uploads (URL) by date>! This is a screenshot of July 2008's uploads: (URL) When you click on a day, you'll see all the photos uploaded on that given (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Expo Bocchette 2008: breve report

Ecco un breve report sulla nostra presenza all'Expo Bocchette 2008 nello scorso weekend. La fiera si è tenuta come ogni anno a Capezzano Pianore (LU) molto vicino a Camaiore e Viareggio. E' il primo anno che partecipiamo a questa manifestazione. Le (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Fwd: Dinner on?

(...) i'll be there with some stuff for derek (should he be there) Dave K (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Fwd: Dinner on?

(...) i'll be there with some stuff for derek (should he be there) Dave K (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Have you missed this message (URL) ? Exactly what you wants to see can be found at (URL) most parts are now on the PT (because it is a rewrite the parts needs to be certified before they can be issued). I would welcome you and also other to (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) I'm also interested in a list to see before i deside if i install the Non CA parts or not. I guess a list with a small picture on LDRAW.ORG could be possible? Anyone can reffer to this list, and once the part is re-written, it can be deleted (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Fwd: Dinner on?

I'm working in Toronto today. Is the group dinner on tonight? Website says so...If not, I'm going out for dinner anyway :) -Rob A> (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Best stuff to buy for FLL

I'm forming an FLL team this year with 5th-graders. Being an AFOL and a Technic fan, I already have tons and tons of bits and pieces (beams, pins, blah, blah, blah). With that in mind, that sort of set should I buy for a FLL team? The NXT set from (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Would "wargin' please remove my email address (and a few others) from her mailing list?

You have sent me a large email which was comprised of a huge .jpeg attachment, and which unnecessarily causes me to see over fifty email addresses. Your item would also be considered a spam item because it is hitting "webform at paypal dot com" (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.au)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés jeudi 11 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouvelles brèves ---...--- * Visiteurs au salon d'Orleans 2008 * - 11 septembre (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: NXT programming tools on Windows 2000 - connection problems

(...) Hello Dave, I won't be of much help, except to say that you may have to look at something else than the system. Windows 2000 is probably not the culprit, as I use NXT-G, BrixCC and NeXTScreen on this OS without connection problem, at least in (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) I chime in with Mikeheide: please come in and author and review!!! Sometimes we feel a bit lonely ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Anyone know what's happening to www.brickwiki.org?

It has been insanely slow lately. Last time it did this something needed a "kick" on the server. A note to the admins might be in order. (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.publish)

  Anyone know what's happening to www.brickwiki.org?

I've long been a fan of Brickwiki, particularly the well documented pirate glossary which it contains (not so much the 'Drome Racing' stuff, but I guess that addresses a need too), but it seems like the site might be on the way out. I've been trying (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

  MLCad with a Mac

I confess this is a strange post for me to be writing, but lo and behold, I discovered yesterday that I can run MLCad on my Intel Mac without Windows. And the installation is utterly painless. It goes like this: Download Darwine at (URL); it's a (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Feedback: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) I was able to run this installation package under my Windows NT 4.00 operating system. However, there was one error during the installation, in the part where one picks the destination folder. Instead of the default location "C:\Ldraw" I've (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:K6zArA.6EB@lugnet.com... (...) I work for an electrical contractor and we install two different styles typically: The first is an HID (high intensity discharge) "highbay" fixture. (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Thanks, that one works just fine. (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) OH, please do not wait. Please go to the PT and review and review and review! Now that the way is clearly structured we need all reviewers and authors back on the PT. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Foundry Technology Preview Tool (was Re: BFC Tool?)

(...) (drooling over the possibilities...) (...) Sorry again... I totally agree that it is something that can wait for an official release! (...) Yes - parts/ too. (...) Sure. Keep us posted with new previews! (...) Thanks! Philo (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) I think the mklist.exe included in the zip file here is built for win32. (URL) could give it a try on 64bit Vista. (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Barnens Drömstad - event i Sverige i oktober

Lite mer info: Hej igen! Här är lite mer info om helgerna 4-5 & 11-12 oktober: Borlänge - FramtidsMuseet är öppet Lördag - Söndag 12-17, tid för oss lämpligen en stund innan & efter. Uppsala - Gustavianum är öppet Lördag - Söndag kl 11-16, tid för (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: LEGO bygge till filmpremiär:Bära eller brista-extrem ingenjörskonst i 4D-format

Hej igen! Jag håller nu på att beställer bitarna till bygget. Det är mycket! Vi ska totalt bygga ca 6 meter brett, ca 16 st hus på varsin 48x48 plate som är mellan 1 till 2½ meter höga hus! Så det blir runt 40000-60000 bitar i alla möjliga färger (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: Foundry Technology Preview Tool (was Re: BFC Tool?)

(...) That's why the easier one to use, lower-case, is 1; and the backup option is there "just in case". (...) Oh, we agree, and that's why it's now an option. The original intent was to get the best looking viewer for developing the OBI syntax (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) next Ldraw Parts Update again. (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

(...) Are you asking about florescent lights (two long tubes) or incandescent (large bulbs)? I have seen both in warehouses etc. The incandescent lights would easily be made by using a large radar dish with a 1x1 transparent cone as the "bulb". (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Yes, for 64bit editions of Windows, Microsoft completely removed support for 16bit DOS and Windows 3.x software. This is causing problems even with some early 32bit software, that started in 16bit mode and then choose if continue in 16bit or (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Very cool! Even watching from the outside, I know this has to have been a long hard process, so I thank everyone involved with this release! Jeff (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What happend to ZEMI.NET?

(...) nanny" software at work, so I'll have to try this one from home. Jeff (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Thanks for the tip, but it still won't run. I think it's a 64 bit issue incombination with native msdos applications. Because eg L3P, whom is a win32 console application, runs fine. Roland (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) I ran into the same issue. Running the .exe in Administrator mode (right click on the icon, choose Run As Administrator) took care of the problem. For MLCad users, I also had to run MLCad in Administrator mode to do a scan for new parts so (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

(...) Is there a photo link you could direct me to? It isn't clear (to me) which type of lights you are referring to. Interior lights? Exterior? Thanks, Jonathan (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: What happend with brickcommander.com

(...) Hello Primus, Nice to hear you still active, and your one lucky guy for doing the things you really like for work. I will be keeping an eye on the site. Roland (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Very nice work, thanks to all involved. Minor issue I'm having: During install mklst.exe fails, vista won't run it (even when using compatibility mode), I'm using Windows Vista 64bit. I this little program still native msdos? Maybe someone (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Many thanks for this looooong awaited update !!! (...) As author of SR 3S Builder, I say that my software is not going to fully support these kind of colored parts and, as Travis Cobb says, they could cause problems and confusion to people not (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

Kevin, Bufferexchange seems not to be working anymore in this version. Jaco (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Foundry, (was Re: BFC Tool?)

(...) Thanks - text editors I know start numbering at 1. (...) ;o) In a perfect world Hires would be a good choice, but since everything is not hires substitution yields misfits and gaps I find especially ugly (same thing in LDview). I have another (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

I am looking for ideas on how to produce lights similar to the style you see on the roof of warehouses, warehouse style retailers etc. The only stipulation is that they must be minifig scale and must have a single stud on top as the attachment point (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: BFC Tool?

In lugnet.cad, I had written: (...) This had been purposeful, base-0; I convinced that the status bar should start at 1. %d should now represent base-1 line number in the command line issued, and %D represents the base-0 line number. (...) Yes, this (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help locating RIS 2.0 and updating from 1.5

What's the url for the torrent site? Thanks! -- Perry (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tenacious Class Guided Missile Boats.

Please post some details regarding the top speed or cuising speed/maximum range or plane speed in the bath tub. Steve (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

quite neat. I hope you can figure out the correct switching delays for the micromotor. Do you think this technique could be used to make a monorail level crossing ? Steve (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What happend to ZEMI.NET?

Hello Dave, (URL) you can find a brief description of the standard. Page is in german, but the description is mainly in english. regards Marco (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Congratulations on getting this out, and thank you very much for all the hard work you and the other admins put into this. It's very much appreciated. (...) While I understand the reasoning behind this, I personally would recommend removing (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LEGO(R) Group expands its use of CHEP pallets

LEGO(R) Group expands its use of CHEP pallets September 10, 2008 LEGO Group, the global toy manufacturer, is to expand its use of CHEP pallets across its logistics operation in central Europe. Previously LEGO Group had used the White Pallet Exchange (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: What happend with brickcommander.com

Hi Roland & everybody else who is wondering what is going on (or NOT going on anymore) at www.BrickCommander.com! Yes, I am obviously still alive – and no, I have not lost my interest in LEGO. On the contrary! But first things first. For several (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) First I'd like to say how pleased I am that the bulk of the parts are under the new license. It's been a long process but I think the legal flexibility offered should really help LDraw. I was hoping Chris would let someone else post this (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) A hearty congratulations and thank you for all this hard work. This is a significant achievement! Kevin (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Great News these days! Many thanks to Chris in special because the main work remains to him. Just one thing should be mentioned more clearly. There are only a very few parts that needs rewriting. The others are on the PT. The current list of (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Huge Duplo Train collection and special parts up for auction on BL

(...) These end in about 6 hours. Also a chromed out Minifig is ending soon and is currently less than $10. Go grab a great deal on all of these listings. Links to Duplo collections can be found above, the chromed out minifig can be found here: (URL) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

(...) Great news, and eagerly awaited for many moons. Thanks and congratulations to all of the contributors. Dave! (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Shop @Home Phone Specials for Wednesday, September 10, 2008, to Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Item #B112 EXO-FORCE™ Collector’s Guide Retail Price $5.99 Sale Price $1.98 Item #852261 T-Shirt Classic Green Youth Small Retail Price $14.99 Sale Price $9.98 Item #852257 T-Shirt Youth Small Retail Price $14.99 Sale Price $9.98 Item #852262 (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available

The 2008-01 LDraw parts library update has been now been released. This release is complete re-issue of the official library, up to and including the last (2005-01) parts update, with the primary purpose of aligning the library with the Contributor (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  Re: Why the Star Wars license isn't always good for builders

(...) One thing that should be noted here is that any set that is rare enough that people could, in theory, monopolize the available stock, generally tends to be released as a S@H exclusive with a limit of five copies per customer. Even store (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés mardi 9 septembre 2008

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Unité de rangement LEGO ** par Manu "Gyclore" (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: Why the Star Wars license isn't always good for builders

(...) Elroy, I would call the store before I go. I have given up trying to get anything from TRS as they are usually way behind shop at home. Also not all of Lego sets are released to the stores. I was really lucky in that I lived 10 minutes from (...) (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: BrickFair thanks you!

(...) I'll show you mine if you show me yours. (16 years ago, 10-Sep-08, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Why the Star Wars license isn't always good for builders

(...) They can, however, deplete an area, making it difficult for regular customers, especially in rural areas. It's incredibly disappointing to find out that a set has been released, then drive two hours to the "local" Toys R Us, only to find that (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  NXT programming tools on Windows 2000 - connection problems

I wonder if anyone can help me to solve persistent connection problems between the NXT and Windows 2000. I have had these problems for a considerable length of time. I have several NXT utilities, including NXT-G, BricxCC and NextScreen. With the (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  September 27th SMART meeting at Redmond Library

The next SMART meeting will be held at the Redmond Regional Library on September 27th from 2 to 5pm. We'll be getting our SMART-Bot City display ready for BrickCon, which takes place on the following weekend. So the mini-challenge is to build an (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Legoträff i höst (2008)

Datum Kan komma ===...=== 2008 Okt. 17-19 Anders I, Anders L, Johan V, Okt. 24-26 Anders I, Anders L, Johan V, Andréas R, Jonathan R, Okt. 31- 2 Anders I, Anders L, Johan V, Andréas R, Jonathan R, Nov. 7- 9 Anders I, Anders L, Johan V, Nov. 14-16 (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: BrickFair thanks you!

Todd - Congratulations on a successful event. And, while I was unable to attend, I was thinking of the fun I was missing all weekend long. I know how much work you put into making BrickFair a success (I think I have been through it myself) and I (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Default LPub project settings.

(...) I very intentionally made LPub 4 know nothing more than the preferences you set when you fire it up. This means that everything else is stored in your LDraw files, *not* in some defaults database. The reasoning is that if you try to give your (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Technic Action Figure

(...) Oh. Shame that. Oh well, thanks anyway. Owen. (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  ATSF Piggy-Back Service (Flatbed w/Truck Trailer) MOC

Here's my latest train MOC. This is an ATSF Piggy-Back Service train... (2 URLs) Here's the model it was based on: (URL) Mark (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Default LPub project settings.

(...) Hi Dean, I recommend you create a submodel with all the defaults you want, and no steps and no parts. See if you can use that submodel as an include file. Kevin (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

Skipped 24 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact