 Space / 7910
Re: Benevolent Grace Hull Finished today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 04:40:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:

I think there is a lot to be said for cramped-space designing too.  If done
well, efficiency can be just as impressive IMHO.

True. I found that out trying to build the lavatories on the first carrier
(wish I took more pictures).

Bigger is not necessarily better, but it does afford one the opportunity to
include more neato stuff in a design, so I am always trying to build as
large as my accumulation allows.

Yep, that's the main variable.

Also, a cruise ship demands large open spaces, so it was a natural thing for
me to try.  I love all the military ships that are being made, especailly
the huge ones, but they don't lend themselves well to the stuff that I
wanted to do right now.  I think that's why my first capship, The Elegance,
failed.  I was making it like a military ship, but I kept forcing cruise
ship details and esthetics on it.

I guess you gotta figure the practicality of it. It could still be a
military ship (like Star Trek stuff) but also serve as an exploration
vessel. Your choice to make a leisure vessel was perfect. It showed off your
building style and eye for detail. I think my next ship will serve no
military purpose, just so I can have a stab at more gracious interiors! :)

Dan