 Space / 7890
Re: Benevolent Grace Hull Finished today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
Hi all!

I just finished a couple rooms so I have posted some pics to Brickshelf:

The interior shots are mostly of the finished atrium and the 3rd floor of
the passenger section, which is designed to be like a nightclub, with a
stage for live performances, fully stocked bar, and dancefloor.  There is
also a gameroom, with billiards tables, slot machines, arcade games, darts,
and VR game units.

this will be all the pics for short time, as I need to start working on a
webpage for InfinityCruise (my Tripod account is back, yay!)  but as always,
any comments pro or con are appreciated, and any questions gladly answered.

cheers!
Joel K

Whoa.... I'm not sure what to say, Joel. The interior is coming along
incredibily.... I can't really pick one shot I like more than the others..
they're all awesome.

The pizza ovens in the galley, the chandelier, the arcade (looks like a
place I'd love to get "lost" in for a day or more!), and the glass racks in
the bar are all outstanding.

The magazine/tour brouchure rack in the attrium area is a wonderfully subtle
accent - I didn't notice it right away but couldn't help grining when I did.
Do you have any of the "picture" tiles from the Adventurer's sets? They're
about the right size for a minifig three-fold brochure. ;)

The crew quarters are about as spartan as I would imagine for most space
liners - you captured that very well - though it looks like the unlucky
souls on the second tier of bunks have a pretty tricky accent - or does the
ladder I see beside the stairs on the right side give them access that I
just don't notice in the picture? :)

In the bar area - how did you mount the tables? I know what pieces you used,
but did you use a 2x4 technic plate in the floor to run an axel through to
secure the tables? I haven't played around much with those 'extender' pieces
you used as the table legs, but I didn't think they were narrow enough to
fit between studs? Just me being nosy. ;)

Please tell me you're gonna keep this thing built a while and you're gonna
make more of your "Super Spy" movies with it..!

(Too bad you aren't just around the corner, I'd love to see this one in person.)

Joel J