 Space / 7822
Re: Benevolent Grace Hull Finished today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 04:42:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
I only have one comment:  regarding
the four rear engine nacelles, I would have prefered them to be more rigidly
attached to the ship like the awesome way that the fore engines are
attached.  BUT, that is only my opinion, and they still look very good the
way they are right now.  It's something that you have the option to do later
if you feel like it, give the nature of the feature.

I appreciate the critisizm... and while I take your point to the stability
of the engines (there are a couple points where I'd like them to be
"beefier"), there is a structural reason for it.  The fore engines are for
forward motion only, and for turning along a plane by firing one side only.
The rear of the ship has 6 engines (the two main engines and the 4 engines
that are not rigidly attached)  The two main engines are at the very rear of
the ship and supply the greatest thrust.  They are not as noticable as
engines because they are embedded almost fully into the back of the ship.
The 4 engines you refer to are almost exclusively used for manouvering the
ship, they are not very powerful, and they have to be mounted off the ship
to increase their effectiveness.
I'm not trying to change your mind or invalidate your critisizm, just
explaining my reasoning for they way they are  :)

But overall, I downloaded the pics and put them up as my background for my
desktop.  Your lounges, state rooms, receptionist's desk, etc etc make me
feel like I'm looking at the interior of a posh and expensive hotel, which
is exactly what you wanted to pull off.  So I consider this a true success.
Well done!

Having them as your background?  that's very flattering, thank you!

cheers!
Joel K