 Publishing / 3940
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKS? MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:21:04 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.publish, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.publish, Matthew Gerber writes:

But, conversely, would the occasional mention of something un-LEGO cause you
to not subscribe? Would the entire publication be ruined for you...soiled as
it were? That was my point...

Only if they were mentioned in disparaging terms;-)  All seriousness aside,
of course I wouldn't care if clones were mentioned *in passing*.  What I
wouldn't want to see is a catering to clones-- set reviews, etc.

And that's definitely NOT in the concept.

Good:-)

Being an AFOL is a very unique experience-- if TLC didn't exist, I doubt I'd
be playing with any of the clone brands out there.

That's what I was saying.

Good.

Being an AFOL is being in a state of total immersion in *LEGO*.

OUCH...doesn't that hurt?

Hurts so good;-)

Of course I could add clones to my collection, but I don't.

<snip>

Would you play with Mega Bloks for a flying bicycle?

Maybe for a Segway...

JOHN