 Publishing / 3919
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKST MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney writes:

I have a question regarding future overseas distribution: *assuming*
interest level is high enough, can we expect a European edition? (same
stuff, but printed locally in the Netherlands for instance)

You can probably understand why I don't want to give a definite answer here,
but I really hope this will be the case. Like I said before, when I went to
LEGOWORLD, there was an overwhelming amount of interest.

Depending on how you guys are printing these, it could never happen.  If you
guys are getting these printed by professionals, then I doubt you will ever
see a separate European edition based on the costs involved.  If you guys
are printing these yourselves on color laser printers, then it's entirely
possible.

Having been in the publishing world for several years, if you guys need any
advice or have questions, let me know.  I have a contact in Kansas that gave
the best prices on low print runs.  But for a professional printer, a low
print run is like 500-1,000 copies.

A lot of magazines actually survive off of advertising.  Which is why I get
free subscriptions to everything from the Sporting News to Men's Health to
Rolling Stone.  I'm assuming Bricks Magazine doesn't have too many
advertisers to offset costs and will probably have a subscriber base in the
several hundreds.  So I hope people understand this and support the
subscription costs even if it does seem high.  I wish you guys the best of
luck and will see you at BW2003.

Jimmy