 Publishing / 3907
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKS™ MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:04:48 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Very cool.  I'm looking forward to subscribing.  A few questions:

1.  What will be the attitude of the magazine towards clone
brands--completely ignore them?  mention them only disparagingly?  equally
review other brand sets?

2.  How will you be finding MOCs to feature?  Will people submit them or
will the editors be skimming through Brickshelf, other websites, and
conventions for models to feature?  What sort of resolution is needed on photos?

3.  Will there be ties and if so how close to some of the major AFOL
groupings and websites (LUGs, LTC's, Lugnet, 1000steine.de, etc.)?

4.  Will TLC have any sort of creative control?

5.  What will be the attitude of the magazine towards leaked
information--more towards the Lugnet "anything goes" or the FBTB "no
discussion of leaked info"?

What? You don't want to know my shoe size and mother's maiden name too?

Seriously, you're asking questions I can't answer right now.

Let me respond like this:

As a company and a publication, we are not affiliated with the LEGO Group of
companies unless otherwise noted.

Since we are a fan community based company, one of our main goals is
community building, which we hope to achieve through partnerships,
sponsorships and the like.

Also, as we are a publication devoted to the entire fan experience, don't
count clones out (but don't expect extensive coverage either).

As a print publication we could never hope to keep up with the speed of the
Internet when it comes to leaks and such.

Submission guidelines can be found at www.bricksmagazine.com.

Matt