 Publishing / 3911
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKST MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:08:05 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney writes:
I also hope someday we can create local editions of the magazine. This of
course depends on local fans with a desire to contribute with articles in
the local language, shopping tips, events calendars, and more. And, it also
depends on the local market.

Stay tuned for more info on this as we ramp up for our release later in the
quarter. I hope we can get the magazine overseas for non US/Canadian fans as
soon as possible, but it's too early to make promises.

Until then, I encourage all of you overseas fans to express your interest in
the magazine to us through our website, so we can get a better idea of what
the demand is.

I am interested in the magazine!
:-)

(Ok, so this wasn't told through the website... I'll get there!)

I have a question regarding future overseas distribution: *assuming*
interest level is high enough, can we expect a European edition? (same
stuff, but printed locally in the Netherlands for instance)
Costs could drop significantly for european subscribers, given the savings
in import taxes and postal charges. That would probably mean more people
would have access to the magazine throughout Europe, and that could only be
a good thing in a community POV. In my particular situation, since there
would be little demand from Portugal (1), a more decentralized distribution
would be a great thing - especially now that postal costs are uniformized
within the EU.

Cheers,

Pedro

(1) - I use my case as an example, but I'm sure many others are in a similar
situation; we all know there are AFOLs all over the world, but some
countries have *so few* of us that there would be little economic interest
in selling there. This is why I propose you take advantage of the
ever-growing single-market, especially now that the currency is the same in
most of it.