 Publishing / 3937
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKS? MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:27:02 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dave Schuler writes:

As one of the leading pro-clone loudmouths around here, I feel smugly
qualified to comment directly on this issue.  As far as I'm concerned, I
absolutely don't think there's any reason to include clone brand info in an
"official" (which is not to say "licensed" or "endorsed" fan magazine), just
as I maintain that there's no reason to include clone.dats in official LDraw
libraries.  Other clone-fans may disagree, but I am content with the
off-topic.clone-brands forum we already enjoy by the good graces of Todd and
Suz; it would simply be presumptuous to demand that another LEGO forum
accommodate us as well.

But, conversely, would the occasional mention of something un-LEGO cause you
to not subscribe? Would the entire publication be ruined for you...soiled as
it were? That was my point...

True. But if I'm reading, say, The Wall Street journal and it becomes
hopelessly cluttered with recipes for apple fritters, then I'll likely
reconsider my subscription the next time it comes due.

Hmmm, there's an idea...Alan Greenspan's Old-Fashioned, Down-Home, Apple
Fritters...one of those would hit the spot right about now.

8?D

Matt