 Publishing / 3909
Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKST MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.publish, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
US and Canada only :-(

Hang in there!

Since we're footing the bill for these preview editions, it simply wasnt
feasable to offer them beyond the US and Canada.

We're already working on international distribution, and based upon Tim's
trip to LEGO World, the Netherlands is first on the list. Look for an import
version of the US publication to fill the gap until we can justify localized
editions. No solid timing on this (as we have to actually produce something
before we can get it out there), but it's part of the plan-no question!

What he said :-)

When I was at LEGOWORLD, I got such an overwhelmingly positive response to
the idea of a fan magazine I couldn't see NOT sending this to the
Netherlands. Please bear with us as we determine the best way to distribute
the magazine to LEGO fans there. Based on interest, there is a strong
possibility we can send the US edition to other countries as well.

I also hope someday we can create local editions of the magazine. This of
course depends on local fans with a desire to contribute with articles in
the local language, shopping tips, events calendars, and more. And, it also
depends on the local market.

Stay tuned for more info on this as we ramp up for our release later in the
quarter. I hope we can get the magazine overseas for non US/Canadian fans as
soon as possible, but it's too early to make promises.

Until then, I encourage all of you overseas fans to express your interest in
the magazine to us through our website, so we can get a better idea of what
the demand is.

-Tim

--
Tim Courtney