 People / 926
Re: I'm lucky to be alive - now in Technicolor!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:41:16 GMT

He probably dropped his cell phone and accidently stepped on the throttle while
looking under the seat for the phone <G> or the firestone Atx blew out under the
heat of stop and go traffic and he lost control.HaHa
Sheesh! Frank, I am really glad you got out of that basically unhurt. One
aspect of internet communication that I have always found difficult is the
possibility of this happening to someone and as far as we know all they did was
stop posting.
Unless there is a friend or someone else in thier town that can notify us of
the incident then its like they just disappear. I am really glad this wasnt't
the case this time.
  Hope your new car has a higher bumper !
    John

In lugnet.people, Tom Stangl writes:
KeeRIST!  How fast did he accel in stopped traffic to do that?!?  I'm surprised he didn't leave burnout marks from his start to
pound your car that bad.

If someone ever does that to me in my car, I really feel sorry for them, then for me.  Because if  I can get out of the car, I will
pound them into a pulp, then get arrested.  But that's just me, I'm a little attached to my cars ;-)

Frank Filz wrote:

Well, not quite, but I went to the salvage yard this afternoon to retrieve what I could from the car (I actually got most of the
salvageable stuff right after the accident as it turns out). While there I took some pictures and have put together a small web
page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/wreck2000/wreck.html

Frank

--