 People / 905
Re: I'm lucky to be alive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:18:24 GMT

In lugnet.people, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:
Well, I'm feeling extremely fortunate to still be alive today. This morning • on
the way into work I got rear-ended by an SUV.

<ka-snip!>

Nothing like a Matrix-bullet-dodging sequence to wake you up.  Was the SUV at
least flying a skull-and-crossbones?

No, just being piloted by a doctor...

What's unfortunate is that no one at the scene had a camera.

<snippage!>

Everyone concerned by this: go out and buy a disposable camera and put it in
your car (preferably a darker and cooler spot).

I'm not sure that would be worthwhile down here. After a couple months in the
car, I doubt the pictures would come out terribly good.

Glad you came out okay!

Time for some car shopping.  I can see you in a huge SUV with no handling,
little stopping power, and poor rollover incidence *but* high pirate ship
hauling ability by the way...

Nah, I don't do SUVs. Full sized vans maybe. I am giving serious consideration
to a station wagon though (I had just about settled on a Saturn wagon [the
small one, not the new large one, that one's a bit more than I want to spend,
though it looks like it has good potential] until I read today's consumer
reports which almost totally panned the Saturn [though they were looking at
sedans not wagons]).

Frank