 People / 921
Re: I'm lucky to be alive - now in Technicolor!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 06:36:35 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:
Well, not quite, but I went to the salvage yard this afternoon to retrieve • what I could from the car (I actually got most of the
salvageable stuff right after the accident as it turns out). While there I • took some pictures and have put together a small web
page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/wreck2000/wreck.html

Frank

Wow! That was quite an accident. This is a prime example of "SUV Road Rage",
IMO. I admit, I'm into the craze myself (though I've actually been driving
SUVs before the craze), but a lot of people think they are way too in control
of the road. Though there is no end in sight. At this year's Miami Auto Show,
one of the top five in the country, no less than FOUR new SUVs are debuting,
including a little number from Saturn. When Volkswagen and Porchse get thier
SUVs, the VW Colorado and Porschse Cayenne, in 2002, the only major (20,000+
sales annually) American-sold brands without an SUV or SUV will be Chrysler
and Jaguar (and Alfa Romeo...whose coming back in '03). Chevrolet has four
SUVs right now and will have six by the end of next year. Toyota has three
right now and adds two more next month. BMW is planning two more SUVs (in
response to customers who think the X5 is too big, welcome the X3. Those who
think the X5 is too small, welcome the X7), and Mercedes-Benz is planning on a
third one to compliment the M and G. And just wait until you see what
DaimlerChrysler has in store for late 2002 (it's going to be HUGE,
literally!). It is getting out of hand. As for a replacement...assuming your
looking at a wagon, I suggest a Saturn S-Series wagon, like you said, or one
of the new Volkswagen Jetta wagons (out February in major markets, April in
minor markets). Both are top notch in safety and reliability. Saturns now have
roll-over airbags (also known as side curtain bags).