 People / 1030
Re: I'm lucky to be alive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 03:42:45 GMT

In lugnet.people, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Yes Frank, reading Lindsay 's  reply to your original post reminded me that
there had been no update on your condition.   Are you aches and pains
better?    Did the insurance get resolved to your satisfaction?  Are you in
a rental still or in new vehicle?  If so what did you decide upon?  And of
course, how goes your building???

Hoping that you are not out caving this weekend in the monsoonish weather we
are having ...

Sorry for the lack of update... Insurance settlement hasn't happened yet (one
monkey in that wrench is that the SUV driver only has $15k liability coverage
which may not be quite enough to cover all the damage). As of slightly less
than two weeks ago, I joined the Saturn family with a Gold 2000 SW2 wagon. It
got baptised this weekend driving up to West Virginia for a Labor Day weekend
caving event I always attend. It handled a LEGO purchasing stop in Danville VA
quite nicely (picked up some 1843s, the last of the old buckets they had, and
a few other older sets). My tent handled the rain quite niceley, and the
Saturn did quite well in the rain and mud (though she isn't as pretty right
now...). I still have some aches and pains, and will be looking into some
follow up care (I plan to try and get medical advice to see a massage
therapist, even if my HMO won't cover it, if I get that advice, I can seek re-
imbursement from the other driver's insurance). I haven't had a chance to do
much building (did sit down one evening and throw a set together). For those
wondering what has happened to the Technic Jambalaya box that arrived at my
abode at an unfortunate time, I hope to get it moved along this week.

Frank