 People / 900
Re: I'm lucky to be alive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:
Fortunately there was no LEGO in the car...

Lego be damned -- be glad that you are alive, Man!

I understand that SUVs and other raised up vehicles represent a particular
hazard to more typical automobiles in an accident because they have a tendency
to get pushed up and ride over the other car, crushing down or otherwise just
removing the upper part of the vehicle and removing human heads as they go.  I
love monster trucks and so forth, just not on the roads with the rest of us.

"An' it harm none, do what thou wilt."

And this is the trouble with SUVs and raised trucks of any kind: the "An' it
harm none" part...I am not normally in favor of regulation of anything, but
safeguarding the roads for common safety seems like a worthwhile reason to
dictate the design and height of vehicles on the road.

Glad to still have you here with us, Frank.

-- Richard (sending incomplete information now...)