 Off-Topic / Debate / 12342
Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:07:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford writes:

Why then, if you know the story as far as Todd tells it, would you want to
make such an offer?

A) Because I do believe that it impacts the community, whether you (or Todd)
likes it or not.  B) Because, as I stated, I don't like the business practice
-- and I am aware in this instance of something that might possibly be done
about it.

What's it to you?

I have no links to fibblesnork.  I have no problem with adult content.  But I
do have a problem with the kind of piratical business practice that has
resulted in this (even if it is really your own fault).

Again, your own words don't really jive with your offer of money.

Yes they do.

Why help
Todd rescue a 'personal' domain when he makes it plain that it really has
little to do with LUGNET anymore.

See above.  And remember that not everything is LUGNET.  There is a whole
online LEGO fan community and fibblesnork is a known piece of it.

I don't mean to criticize your kind offer Christopher, but if you've got

It seems that you do.

that kind of cash burning a hole in your pocket, why not donate it to a
charity that provides toys to kids in need?  Seems it would be money better
spent.

I'll tell you what...you spend your money the way you want to, and I'll spend
my money how I want.  Deal?

Chris