 Announcements / 1251
  Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Any links on your webpages that point to ANY page at *Fibblesnork* should please be removed ASAP!! The domain name has apparently changed hands.. from what was Todd Lehman's personal website to one with **adult content** (at one click in). This may (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people) !!

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Uhm what the heck?? Doesn't Todd "own" the domain name? How can it just change hands? And I checked the page for that domain and there's even a link there to buy that domain name..., for no less than $550.00! KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Ugh, did Todd sell the domain??? or somebody happen to buy it as soon the .com expired? -- Mike Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kanohi-Power - The Best Bionicle Site on the web (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I'm guessing that the registration expired, and the number of links to it justified the expense of making it a front door to whatever adult advertiser snapped it up. :( James (whose website is 2+ years out of date, but chock full of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) You may want to fix the link on this page: (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Um, I mentioned this a while back, at that time the site was just down. I am more than happy to remove all the credit links but would like to hear what credit Todd wants in its place. Does anyone know? Also are the backgrounds themselves lost? (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) So are you sayin’ that I shouldn’t have signed up for a ‘Full-Lifetime-Membership’ into “The Adult Movie Network?!? I had though this was the new and experimental venture Todd entered into, and I simply wanted to support him in his new (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

I had an idea that may help save the fibblesnork.com domain name, if it is desired (or possible). The owner is asking $550.00 for the domain name, and LUGNET now has over 1200 members: Why not put a call out for everybody to chip in $0.50 in an (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) It's kind of extortion to pay the 550 though, isn't it? I mean, Todd let it lapse for whatever reason, it is true. Would we be encouraging this sort of thing by paying? (the person who snagged it was no doubt within their rights but it's still (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Can this be done? I thought Todd owned the TM for "Fibblesnork"? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Good thought Scott... I looked at the site for the person(s) offering fibblesnork.com for sale...here is what they claim: "Our Policy: It is the policy of NameRegister.com to respect the legal rights of others. Unfortunately due to the volume (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Suzanne & All, (...) Indeed. Since I have used that background extensively in my website, I removed all links to the various pages, and had the links point to LUGNET for now on my main index page. If there is something we can change it to, that (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes: Is Todd out there reading any of this still? I know he's passed the torch, but has he completely passed on all things Lego? Is his presence gone entirely here at Lugnet? Sorry if this already got (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I agree with Larry that we should try to round up all the colors. I have light blue and white, and I think that is it. Bummer, I really liked using them. We could probably put them up at Brickshelf for the time being. Also someone else (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) offering name resolution dispute. Let us posit that this would be an open and shut case... with no other expenses than the fee to the organization. The cheapest fee offered, for the simplest dispute is.... 950 USD. (it varies by organization) (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) yes, but not as often as I am. I read a few times every day. He has "computer-free" weekends also. (...) Nope. I know he wants to focus on his own building. And I know he's been pretty busy. But he can probably answer you better than I. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Damn, there must have been a domain fee due that I missed. Odd thing, too... I seem to remember having a dream a week or so ago that someone told me they noticed it was up for grabs. (...) Sorry for the mess. You can delete the links, and keep (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) You make a very good and valid point. I certainly do not condone how this was done, nor do I want to encourage it, but at the moment there are lots of fibblesnork links on pages and sites across the internet (both forgotten and not) that now (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) That Is a great Idea but I do have to agree with Larry. $550 for a domain name? I also think that is alittle too much, dont you? $0.50 cents is really nothing and will indeed add up if everyone from LUGNET donates, but if Todd let it go for (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Going a bit OT ... What happened here can be compared to what happens if you don't pay your property taxes (at least in FL). Someone with money to invest comes along, buys the tax certificate and then waits for the property owner to cough up (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I probably shouldn't say this but I will. I think the idea of donating money to buy back the domain name, while certainly very thoughtful, would be foolish to execute. If this were LUGNET itself, to which I have paid a membership fee and am (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Jason, I've moved them to a new home on www.lugnet.com in a sub-area parallel to the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide and the (long obsolete) catalog guide... (3 URLs) Bummer, I really liked using them. We (...) Well, I certainly appreciate the thought, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Well, long ago, it may have been, but everything that was LEGO-related (except for the backgrounds) eventually migrated to lugnet.com. And now that the backgrounds reside at a new home (URL) isn't much point in resurrecting anything at the old (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Plus, it does not say this is for sale for $550 - - it says any bids UNDER $550 will be ignored. So do not assume it is for sale for $550. How did this happen anyway? Did Todd just forget to pay to renew?? And if he DOES own the TM on it (and paid (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Lapse of brain functioning...didn't realize the domain was up for renewal. The notices were probably sent to the old email address and old snail-mail address from 1996 from when I signed up. Things were forwarding for a long time but I don't (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Remember when people were saying the domain wouldn't resolve? I checked whois at the time, and it said the record expired 5-31. (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) This was basically what I had intended with my suggestion. I would not for a moment consider paying $550 for someone else's domain name, but at approximately .50 per member to save the headaches and "oust the squatter" didn't seem like a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I am very glad you said this, and appreciate that you did so in a reasonable and thought-out manner. My original idea was just that... an idea. One that sought a resolution to the problem, and was in no way a perfect solution... and in many (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Hey Todd, Here's some info I ran across while researching another topic. It is relevant and timely if you choose to persue anything regarding fibblesnork.com. For anyone who doesn't know the story: the domain www.sting.com was registered by a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) <clip> (...) Thanks for moving those. I will update my links to there, for credit. -Jason (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Indeed, thanks! Good to see they are not lost. Laziness has its own reward, I updated Bricksmiths last nite to the linkless version of the credit but hadn't yet got to my other sites. That means I only have to redo Bricksmiths (to add the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) I've updated the links on my page ((URL) to the new location. I have a problem, though. The LUGNET links page ((URL) still points to my old xoom.com/nbci.com site where the references to the fibblesnork domain remain. I e-mailed Linc Smith (is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

Suzanne, There appears to be another link on Lugnet at: (URL) which points to fibblesnork.com for the random set name generator. I noticed (and posted) a couple of weeks ago that the link to the name generator wasn't working, which might have been a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

no it isn't just her, I get a 'warning: adult material ahead' page. Gary dragonlordno1 <dragonlordno1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GIv2H0.6sC@lugnet.com... (...) please (...) Lehman's (...) button. (...) a link, and once by a search. Both times (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Todd stated in another note that he wasn't sure how vigorously he was going to pursue this. And he noted that he considers this nothing but a personal site. Todd, if you opt to pursue reaquisition of _your_ site, I would be happy to donate (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) It's technically possible for someone to see cached material instead of the current material. So an explanation for events that fits is that you're seeing cached material (the old site) because your cache hasn't expired, while Suz is(and a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Perhaps you clicked on a link called "Fibblesnork" of which the URL was actually to LUGNET. For a while now, there's been a copy of the Fibblesnork LEGO Guide and Cool LEGO Site of the Week here. In that time, some people have made links to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Yes, he indicated this in very clear language. (...) Why then, if you know the story as far as Todd tells it, would you want to make such an offer? (...) Again, your own words don't really jive with your offer of money. Why help Todd rescue a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) Might be worth checking they've got the right contact info for the lugnet domain name. ROSCO (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) A) Because I do believe that it impacts the community, whether you (or Todd) likes it or not. B) Because, as I stated, I don't like the business practice -- and I am aware in this instance of something that might possibly be done about it. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.

(...) You might check the link to HIS personal website as well ;) (URL) vom dö (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)