 Publishing / 2980
Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 04:38:10 GMT

there isn't much point in resurrecting anything at the old place except to
oust the squatter and put up some redirects or something.  I haven't decided
yet how aggressively I'll pursue the squatter issue.

This was basically what I had intended with my suggestion.  I would not for
a moment consider paying $550 for someone else's domain name, but at
approximately .50 per member to save the headaches and "oust the squatter"
didn't seem like a totally unreasonable idea.

It may encourage and reinforce
this type of internet opportunist behavior at the moment, but if we take
this as a lesson learned to be more aggressive in protecting our domain
names, we can keep it from happening again.

Whoa, "our" domain names?  Hey man, the domain fibblesnork.com, since 1996,
has always been the place of a _personal_ website.

Todd, I was not suggesting that your domain name was anybody else's but
yours.  I appologize for having not further clarified the statement by
saying: "in protecting our" *own* "domain names..."  The statement you are
referring to was a general one to apply to all domain name "owners" to be
aggresive in protecting their own individual domain names.

My legal department happened to be too busy playing with LEGOs to review my
previous statement before I posted it.  ;P

Ken Wright

PS - Thank you for putting up the backgrounds through LUGNET.  I am sure
many other members appreciate it as well.