 LEGO Company / 612
Re: Update on color issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:14:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego, John Cooper wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   The recent color change discovery and announcement has caused a great deal of discussion here

Jake, Another THANK YOU for providing the AFOL community with updates. Did we ever hear the complete list of colors being changed? Most of the talk has been about the 2 shades of gray, but I have seen mention of brown, and mention of 4 colors changing. Any additional news available? Thanks!

Brown has definitely changed, but not much. It’s a little lighter with more of a hint of reddish-orange to it than before. It’s still very definitely brown though. I think this is a better colour, as the old one was dark and dull. It’s not as noticeable a change as the bluish tint to the dark grey (which I don’t like - makes me think of carbon monoxide rich exhaust from a failing petrol engine), but it does show up when you put it next to the old brown.

The one set I have (Star Wars Cantina) uses a lot of tan, dark red and sand red on the speeder, and sand green for the Dewback. None of these appear to have changed. I’m not sure what colour Greedo’s arms are made out of though. They’re painted with tan, but underneath it’s a light green/blue It’s not medium blue, and it’s not teal either. I’ll have to check it against some Maersk blue or my Watto.

If that’s not it, then the fourth colour is still a mystery.

Jason Railton