 LEGO Company / 539
    Update on color issue Jake McKee
   Have you ever had one of those Mondays where you wake up thinking it would be a slow week only to find out you were waaaaaaaay off? Last Monday was just such a day for me! I spent most of my week tracking down info, passing on your thoughts to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

        Re: Update on color issue —David Koudys
     In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks for the info and continued support, Jake. Your efforts are much appreciated. Dave K (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Anne Carasik
     Jake, Thanks for helping out and listening to us. Please keep us up to date. I guess I missed the profane post. It's a shame someone had to resort to profanity to be able to express themselves :( Anyway, save our old gray! :) -Anne (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Scott Lyttle
      (...) Anne, Do a search for "Marchetti"...you'll find it. Don't want to give the frog any more ammo to make comments here... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Ken Bailey
     In lugnet.lego, Anne Carasik wrote: snip (...) Hi Anne, for what it's worth, and from what I recall reading, the profanity was not directed at Lego, it appeared to be a spat between two posters that got out of hand, one guy (can't remember who, and (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Steven D. Weiser
     (...) Hi Jake, I thought we might have lost you in the flames. I hope you have a flame retardent suit handy for a while. However, the anger is not pointed at you, I hope, rather at Lego. There are those of us who are actually remaining calm and cool (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Kevin Loch
     (...) I hope people aren't shooting the messenger! I am greatful for having an authoritative source of information from the LEGO Company. FWIW, I have updated the Brickshelf Poll with the question: "Do you like the replacement of classic colors?" (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
     (...) Jake, Thanks for the update! As one of the more vocal color change critics, I certainly appreciate your efforts to get more information out to the LUGNET community. I also am glad to hear that you are bringing our concerns back to TLC, and (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —David Gregory
      Thank you Jake. It's really good to know that you've made this a priority this past week. Even without concrete answers to our myriad of questions, we feel better knowing that you are working on finding more info on the color change. You said that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Christian Treczoks
     Dear Jake, dear Kate (if you are still among us), (...) Thank you for your efforts to help us. Time and again it seems that the internal communication within TLC seems to be the problem. How about using the force of this consumer reaction storm to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Burkhard Schloemer
     (...) Dear Jake, you seem to have expected otherwise - I wonder how that could be? Anyway, sorry for your ruined slow week ;) With all the changes going on lately in the LEGO cataloge and the lack of an information flow worth mentioning (despite (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Adrian Egli
     In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote: (Snipped.) (...) Jake, Thanks. I, like others, hope that this is only an addition to LEGO's colors and not intended to replace colors we've known for decades. I personally feel that will be the case when it's all (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Joakim Olsson
      "Jake McKee" wrote: snip (...) Thank you for sharing. The color change will be rather interesting. New things are allways welcome, and a couple of new colors is IMHO a good thing. /Joakim (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Aiyaz Hussain
     All I want to know is if the color change can be reversed... if it can't, then I'm afraid my dark age will continue indefinitely oz (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Allister McLaren
     (...) Thanks. Your empathy is appreciated. (...) Are you saying you don't receive these communications until the products are actually shipping to retailers? Wow. I thought only Lucasfilm was that secretive ;) (...) I'm sure the greater proportion (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Robert Passman
     Thank you Jake, and hi all. I'm sure I might get flamed and/or hate mail for this but..... LEGOs are TOYS, a CHILD'S PLAY THING! TLC is in the business to make toys for children to play with. Yes, the adult/collector base is large, but the child fan (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
     (...) If the color of the bricks means so little to him, is Little Timmy or his mother any more likely to buy LEGO because one grey is lighter than the other? Regardless of what percentage of their sales we adults represent, I still don't know too (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Mark Tarrabain
      (...) Yes yes yes... we know, we know. Colors won't entice kids where color doesn't matter into buying more LEGO than they already do, so this change seems aimless. But I have a suspicion that's not the point of this whole mess. Having thought about (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

          Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
      (...) Thank you for providing an answer to this question! Believe it or not, I am not going to debate you on this point. I know this discussion became tiresome for all of us a long time ago. The main reason it keeps going in circles is that a lot of (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Scott Lyttle
     (...) Nope..that's exactly the point. Remember that most children don't have enough Lego bricks to make huge color-coordinated MOC like most of us AFOL's. To most children, the fact there are Lego bricks is all they need. Color coordination doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
      (...) Care to venture a guess as to what percentage of sales TLC projects from the Pick-a-Brick walls in the new Retail Stores? From what I've observed in the stores, these sales are driven almost entirely by the AFOL market. And I'll tell you that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

          Re: Update on color issue —Tim Courtney
       (...) I've seen many, many more parents and kids fill cups than AFOLs. Though we do have a handful of AFOL regulars who come in and pack cups. -Tim (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

          Re: Update on color issue —James Trobaugh
      (...) I was just at the LIC in Orlando yesterday and I can say that the PaB was doing quite well with the general public, I had to keep pushing those pesky kids away so I could get to the bricks I wanted ;) jt (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Adrian Egli
     In lugnet.lego, Scott Lyttle wrote: snipped (...) I certainly did not have the 100,000+ bricks I do today but I certainly had enough of an idea to make my creations color coordinated as a kid (as did many of my friends and cousins who played with (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Squeaky Wheels —Mark Jordan
     (...) I'm not a frequent poster to Lugnet, but I read it almost every day. From my perspective, Lego has been doing better stuff than ever, especially in 2003: 1. *Creator, Designer and Inventor sets 2. *Fascinating tubs at great prices 3. *Return (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —John Cooper
   (...) Jake, Another THANK YOU for providing the AFOL community with updates. Did we ever hear the complete list of colors being changed? Most of the talk has been about the 2 shades of gray, but I have seen mention of brown, and mention of 4 colors (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Jason J. Railton
   (...) Brown has definitely changed, but not much. It's a little lighter with more of a hint of reddish-orange to it than before. It's still very definitely brown though. I think this is a better colour, as the old one was dark and dull. It's not as (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)