 LEGO Company / 598
Re: Update on color issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:19:53 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Scott Lyttle wrote:

snipped

Nope..that's exactly the point.  Remember that most children don't have enough
Lego bricks to make huge color-coordinated MOC like most of us AFOL's.  To most
children, the fact there are Lego bricks is all they need. Color coordination
doesn't matter much to most of the general public buying Lego bricks, primarily
because parent's are too focused on spending for things like clothes, shoes,
backpacks, school supplies, house mortgage for house big enough for the entire
family, etc, instead of purchasing a lot of Lego.

-Scott

I certainly did not have the 100,000+ bricks I do today but I certainly had
enough of an idea to make my creations color coordinated as a kid (as did many
of my friends and cousins who played with LEGO too) and got more satisfaction of
what I built by doing so.  Ok, so I wasn't able to build huge MOCs back then but
could certainly build small and medium sized (less than 2 ft.) ones and make
them color coordinated.

Also, kids look at the sets and see that they are built color coordinated and
want to do the same with their creations.  I can't say that's the rule but have
enough experience to say I've seen it very often.

Adr.