 LEGO Company / 539

Subject:
Update on color issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:24:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Have you ever had one of those Mondays where you wake up thinking it would be a slow week only to find out you were waaaaaaaay off? Last Monday was just such a day for me! I spent most of my week tracking down info, passing on your thoughts to colleagues and responding to numerous emails, IMs, and phone calls regarding the color change. You have to bear with me, as I’m not able to give immediate responses, and often try to take some time off during the weekends.

The recent color change discovery and announcement has caused a great deal of discussion here, and on other sites. At the same time, much discussion was had over the apparent rumor of the demise of castle. (Will post separately about the castle issues)

Before I go any further, let me make sure that everyone here is completely clear: I understand fully the concerns you have about the color changes. I understand the concern over how to continue to grow your collections of these colors, collections you have spend much time and money to acquire.

When this broke, it did in fact catch us in Community Development a bit off guard. Some of the 2004 products with the new colors appeared on shelf earlier than they should have (they were shipped to retailers for an early December appearance), so the usual product communication that happens with launches had not yet been received (this is why Consumer Affairs didn’t have complete info either). So please cut us (and especially me) some slack - we’re trying to get the full story here, but this initiative is being managed out of Denmark so we can’t just walk down the hall and chat.And I’m trying to keep up with the literally hundreds of comments people have posted regarding this issue. It may take a few days, but we’ll get and share further details.

As a number of people have rightly pointed out, people listen more to reasonable, calm feedback on why this change is an issue. Let me assure you that people are listening. But it doesn’t help the cause when colleagues read profanity filled posts.

Thanks for listening to us. Now back to listening to you.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Re: Update on color issue
   As a number of people have rightly pointed out, people listen more to reasonable, calm feedback on why this change is an issue. Let me assure you that people are listening. But it doesn’t help the cause when colleagues read profanity filled posts.

Thanks for listening to us. Now back to listening to you.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Thanks for the info and continued support, Jake.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Dave K

Re: Update on color issue