 LEGO Company / 2736
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:06:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
   It is indeed hard to trust Jake. He is an employee of TLC, and he is bound by agreements which prevent him from open communication with us. It is not his fault that trusting a person such bound is next to impossible.

I have not seen one scrap of evidence that Jake or anyone else at TLC has been dishonest at any point in time.

And what’s more...

FACT: The toy industry is cut-throat, competitive, season-driven.

FACT: TLC is a privately held company.

FACT: When a company admits to a mistake, it opens itself to litigation from stakeholders.

FACT: AFOLs on LUGNET have a history at finding, spreading and discussing sensitive information that I am sure TLC would rather have keep secret.

Conclusion: I am surprised at how much Jake has been allowed to share by TLC, and I am sure that he must put a lot of work into “managing upwards” to be allowed to share as much as he does.