 LEGO Company / 2694
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Terry Prosper wrote:

Then go buy MegaCrap, they are far from being perfect!  What about those of us
who were collecting hundreds of parts to build a giant sky-scraper in gray?

Lego still sells the old gray. They still sell bulk packs. Aren't you buying
them?

It's not about the Factory website, but rather about the fact that Jake thinks
this will ease our pain about the color-change.

Wrong. The factory is not intended to ease your color-change pain, and no one
(including Jake) is trying to pretend it is. It is possibly the start of a great
product/selling concept that Lego has hinted at for years. That is what the
excitement and enthusiasm is all about. Go back and read some of the Brickfest
keynote addresses from a few years ago if you just don't get what it's all
about.

Don't you realize that they have opened
a pandora box?  What if they change something else next time?  Like the kind of
plastic they use to make them cheaper to produce?  That's probably about to
happen anyway, with their financial problems...

Then they will change it. They reserve the right to change whatever they want,
whenever they want, and however they want. You reserve the right to not buy it.
What's your point?

To tell us (as it has been said often in the past
months by many users) to stop talking about it and get over it is a total lack
of respect for us, for our opinion and for our freedom of expression.  All of
you who seconded that motion are guilty of it.  To me, This is far worst that
any whining about the color change.

No, I would prefer if you'd stop playing bait-n-switch games here in
lugnet.lego. "Oh, it's not about the color change - it about how I don't get
what's so great about the Lego Factory", and then you proceed to go on your
usual rant attacking Lego and Jake over the color change.(1)

Please voice your color displeasure in the newsgroup specifically created for
color change issues: lugnet.color. Some of us here are interested in genuine
feedback on the Lego Factory concept and are not interested in your personal
problems with the TLC.

(1) http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=2620

Spencer