 LEGO Company / 2692
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:23:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.lego, Gene Potter wrote:
I step down off the soap box now.
Gene
ps: thank you to Gerard Istok for getting out the word.
God Bless

*waves away the soap bubbles* You know what's even older than complaining, Gene?
It's complaining about complainers - especially if the complainers do have
pefectly valid points of concern. Your observations at WalMart indicate you have
at least one leg in reality, still you loyally chime in with the choir of
yes-and-amen sayers, doubtlessly humming some patriotic hymn to LEGO while
working your keyboard.

Maybe I missed your point, but the place for nay-sayers to do their insidious
nay-saying IS Lugnet. Thanks to the internet and LEGO Direct, TLG now DOES have
representatives listening. Even if they can't do much more than giving a bit of
input here and there at staff meetings.

So, contrary to unfinished letter-writing-campaigns, maybe for the first time in
the history of TLG a bit of pointed, even if ongoing rant here at Lugnet indeed
DOES have a very, very slight chance of reaching the right ears, and sorry for
inconveniencing any loyal old fan of LEGO.