 LEGO Company / 2707
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:12:39 GMT

TLG is not perfect, neither is Jake.  But they are trying (and in
Jake's case, trying very hard).  That is more than TLG did for AFOLs
in the previous 40 years.

Yea, I admit that I really belive by now that Jake is trying. The
problem is: what is he actually achieving? This is the one and only
factor to judge a result on.

Is Jake achieving? Are you joking?

Maybe you're just not going to BrickFest, ever reading Jake's posts or
interacting with TLG at all - but I'd say Jake isn't just doing something..

Jake is doing A LOT!

And by that, I mean >achieving< results, not just spinning wheels.

But the one thing I see that he is not achieving, is winning the complete trust
of AFOLs - but then, I have to wonder if that is really possible.  It seems more
and more to me that there is a contingent of AFOLs and Lugnet that refuses to be
satisfied unless everyone else stops and cow-tows to their every demand.  Well,
aint gonna happen.

I am a proud friend and supporter of Jake.  I am thoroughly impressed by his
continual love and devotion to the LEGO Fan community, even despite continual
attacks against his person.

-Lenny