 LEGO Company / 2728
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Gary Istok wrote:
First off, the color change thing.  OK, it's a done deal. People GET
OVER IT!!!!   If you don't like Lego anymore, then fine.  Just leave
it to your nephews or nieces and buy Megablocks, and quit bugging
the rest of us!
Telling other people to shut up when they voice valid concerns is not a
very democratic attitude.

yours, Christian

Christian, I did not tell people to shut up.  What I am saying is that last week
it has been ONE YEAR since this came out.  ONE YEAR!!!  Isn't it time to stop
the grieving process over the old gray.  You can still get the parts from the
company or from Bricklink.  So why complain, you can STILL BUY THE PIECES!

This whole gray brick thing reminds me of a movie I saw recently that came out
in the 1990's.  It is called AVALON.  It is part comedy, and is about 4 Jewish
brothers who with their children and grandchildren are a close knit family.....
that is until one Thanksgiving when they get together and they cut the
Thanksgiving turkey when one of the 4 brothers hasn't arrived yet.  The entire
last half of the movie revolves around the bitter feud that happens because
"THEY CUT THE TURKEY WITHOUT ME!"  And everytime there is an argument it gets
back to that turkey.  It shows how stubborn people can be.  Go see the movie (it
is out in VHS and DVD), you might agree.

And yes I have seen buildings with multiple colors in the walls.  The 1963-65
cardboard box spare parts packs #518-#521 (small plates) show a Swiss Chalet
whose walls are made of white, black and old gray plates.  It looks pretty nice.

I am just afraid that some Lego vice president (not Brad) might logon to Lugnet
and see all this ungratefulness, and say "enough, pull the plug on Lego Direct,
those people don't appreciate anything!"

That is why I posted here.  To say that most of us are grateful.  There are just
a few who aren't.

Gary Istok

A grateful Lego Addict since 1960.