 LEGO Company / 1078
Re: Comment Now at LEGO.com: New Grey and Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:46:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Dave Schuler wrote:
Am I that transparent?  8^)

Only slightly.  Highly translucent, maybe?

I didn't know that--what criterion put it on the list?

Basically it seems to boil down to the fact that the Ooni was a monster action
figure that was intended to turn a profit.  Ooh, scary!  Anyways, I was much
more impassioned about it when I wrote my editorial (incidentally, it points
back to the post on LUGNET that first mentioned this absurdity):

http://www.maskofdestiny.com/article.asp?i=10659

I can agree with that.  The modular-figure concept meshes well with
Micronauts, which I recall to have been quite popular during their heyday.

They were, but the rereleased stuff doesn't seem to be doing nearly as well.  In
fact, I'd have to say that Galidor sold better locally than the Micronauts
(granted, that might have had something to do with the fact that the only store
in town that sold the new Micronauts was Sam Goody, and they were in the same
price range).

though I applaud the signs that TLG"s color decision was apparently not writ
in stone.

I'm still unsure what the current situation is on that.  Jake said they're
collecting opinions on it, Brian said the same thing at Toy Fair, but I guess it
was stated at BF/PDX that the new colors are going to stay (only given my TF
experience, I'm unsure if that means the new minifig colors or the new
greys/brown).  I can't say with certainty that the old colors stand a chance of
being brought back, but for the time being I'll remain somewhat hopeful.