 LEGO Company / 1057
Re: Comment Now at LEGO.com: New Grey and Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:42:27 GMT

Hi, Jake,

Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
And 99% of the posts will go straight to the bin.
Boy... you're harsh! :)
Well, I just took into account how the whole issue has been handled so
far. Decisions from the corporate ivory tower were surrounded by a cloud
of holyness (Mantra: The colour change will not be reversed, the colour
change will not be reversed,...), and, as such, are not to be criticised.

Obviously - and I am very happy about this! - this seems to have
changed, and, for once, this is a good change.

If you review the message boards in general, you'll see that we don't often
decline posting Message Board posts, and rarely edit them. When we do it's for
inappropriate content (cuss words, violent language, incomprehensible language,
etc.) and not ideas that we like or don't like.
Well, the Lego boards are usually filled with positive reactions (some
of them look actually quite artificial to me, as if an adult tried to
write kiddy-style), and they are not exactly user friendly (at least not
for regular, professional use), so I don't browse them as regularly as
the relevant boards (Lugnet, 1000steine).

So far, I was unable to locate *any* reference to the colour change as
far as I've browsed the boards, and I considered this as a hint on the
editors attitude to this topic, alongside the long time it took for this
   issue to become a topic at all.

For declining and editing I can only take your word, as one usually
never sees the original. Removing inappropriate content as you defined
it is acceptable in an environment targeted at kids, though.

In fact, check out the link you reference now. I just noticed the moderators
have pushed through several posts...none of them are "LEGO cheerleading".
After several hours, the posts appeared - even mine - and I stand
corrected. I admit I made a mistake, and please accept my apologies. And
believe me, I am really happy to stand corrected on this issue.

Now, if those guys and gals in Billund would do the same and correct
their mistake, I'd be even happier.

Yours, Christian