 LEGO Company / 1073
Re: Comment Now at LEGO.com: New Grey and Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:58:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Laswell wrote:
Some Train-heads still like ZNAP for bridge-building purposes, but I don't even
remember hearing about it prior to the release of BIONICLE.  By then it was
pretty much dead, and that suggests that it wasn't marketed the way it should
have been.  So does the fact that I can't remember ever seeing it listed in a
pack-in catalog.

ZNAP was carried by TRU. I assume that it was also carried by S@H, but not sure
about that. I have seen bits of it at Tuesday Morning and Dollar General (small
bits to be sure). I know one TRU that still has the ZNAP polybags hanging around
(don't they ever learn ?).

ZNAP was not marketed at all well. To the best of my knowledge, TLC never
promoted ZNAP as an add-on to System. This can be done, and works quite well in
some applications. IMHO, ZANP is the sturdiest building medium that TLC has ever
made. Possibly ever better than K-Nex.

Oh yes, you can build things other than train bridges with it, like...

my fully operational ferris-wheel (using a ZNAP motor and a train power supply)

Ray