 LEGO Company / 1055
Re: Comment Now at LEGO.com: New Grey and Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:52:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Rick Clark wrote:
New grey and brown colors
<http://boards.lego.com/default/topic.jsp?topic_id=000f1f03eb69000000fb2fa892d2000a>

Remember, the target audience for the message boards is kids, so please watch
your language and attitude. Also, perhaps we can point out the aspects of the
color change that will affect younger builders.

Well, as the boards are moderated, I guess we will have to wait for all
the positive feedbacks to appear. After that, a trickle of slightly
disagreeing posts might eventually pop up, to fake diversity.

I think your theory might prove to be untrue.  Based on what I'm seeing there
right now I would have to agree with what Jake says below.  There's very little
'cheerleading' going on.

Have you posted your comments?

If you review the message boards in general, you'll see that we don't often
decline posting Message Board posts, and rarely edit them. When we do it's for
inappropriate content (cuss words, violent language, incomprehensible language,
etc.) and not ideas that we like or don't like.

This is being shown by the comments being posted in that thread.  From what it
looks like right now the majority of the comments seem to be in favor of
changes, but not in favor of dropping the old colors altogether.  Didn't that
also turn out to be the running theme of the follow-ups to your 'Nicely now...'
thread.

In fact, check out the link you reference now. I just noticed the moderators
have pushed through several posts...none of them are "LEGO cheerleading".

Jake, I hope (in all sincerity) that LEGO will pay attention to what is said in
that thread.  If they are looking for feedback on the decision, they are getting
it... free of charge.  From what I've read so far, the comments seem generally
well-mannered, well-written and sincere.

I was actually surprised there weren't more people saying, "ah it's not that big
of a deal... the new colors are fine... stop worrying."  :)

Best regards,
Allan B.