 LEGO Company / 1067
Re: Comment Now at LEGO.com: New Grey and Brown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

I know people are quite upset with the color change, and for valid reasons. But
we've made a decision (right or wrong is another thread) based on real thought,
and we have to stick with it long enough to see what happens over all. Remember,
Bionicle was flamed more months (perhaps years) here, and turned out to be our
best selling product of all time.

For various reasons I'm almost wholly untouched by changes to LEGO colors, but I
would suggest that, although Bionicle is a smash hit, other significant
departures, such as Galidor and ZNAP, were remarkably unsuccessful.  It's not
sufficient for TLG to see the gray and say "It Is Good."  TLG has declared other
things "Good" in the past, and, the last time I checked, my local TRU had half a
dozen "Nick" action figures on clearance for $0.99 a piece.

Dave!