 Fun / Gaming / 278
Re: BirkWars, BrickFest, Some Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 00:35:45 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Mike Rayhawk writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shiri Dori writes:
I've been getting ready for the medieval BW all day... (counted over
140 'figs, I had no idea I have so much!)

Wow!  I hope you're not going to play them all at once!  Last time we played a
medieval BrikWars game, we stuck to armies of about two dozen each, and it
took 20-40 minutes per player turn.  I can't imagine how long it would have
taken with as large an army as that.

If you're feeling really generous, you could bring all of your figs and share
with less enlightened folks who want to play but foolishly spent all their
lego money on non-Castle sets.

I'm bringing them all anyhow, for display and stuff, so I'd love to share.
They're arranged in three different groups, so it shouldn't be a problem to
divide them.
What I was wondering is - I was intending to arm my peasants with pitchforks,
brooms, pickaxes and the like, but then decided against it, since I assumed
they would be less effective than swords, bows, etc. Is this true? I was too
lazy to check. ;-)

Another thing - my royal army (the Ocean Cubs) is organized in troops -
halberdiers, swordsmen, archers, spearmen, knights... Is there any way to save
time and roll only once and then multiply by the number of people in the troop
for a single cumulative effect, instead of rolling individually for each unit?
That would surely save time, but I'm not sure if I'd like that, 'coz I might
roll a 1 for the whole army and that would be depressing. :-)

BTW, Mike, are you going to be there?

-Shiri